Help on a hardware lightsaber

THX1989

Hello everyone.
I am brand new to the board also I'm kind of a novice at prop making in the Star Wars department. I was going to attempt to make my first hardware lightsaber and I wanted to make it resemble a graflex I have a chrome metal sink pipe that I picked up at Lowes and I am attempting to cut the S curve on the top of the camera flash. what tool would best way to go about doing this a dremel? Also are there any templates available online?

Hi and welcome to the board.

There is one template I know of.
Try www.tk560.com
It is a very detailed template to vreate your own Graflex template.

As for what tool to cut the tube...I don't really know.
I would try the dremel just make sure you won't slip.

Dremel a mm in front of the template, then sand down with the grinding attachment... if that doesn't make sense, sorry... tool names aint my thing.

Dremel a mm in front of the template, then sand down with the grinding attachment... if that doesn't make sense, sorry... tool names aint my thing.

i second that and add metal files. sand paper for final finish. DSC00144.JPG

Just a thought, I've seen vintage Graflex clamp on flashes (just the top) go for cheap on fleabay.If you're putting together a hardware saber, this would be a way to get both a cool look and a vintage part into it without having to saw metal.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back