Help needed with prop Trigger

darkev2

I'm in the process of building a 3D printed replica of the Battlestar GALACTICA or BSG Season 01 Blaster and I have run into a bit of a snag with movement of the trigger. The creator of the STL files made the trigger movable but didn't think of adding a means to have it be forced back into a pre-pulled state after it was released. Frankly there really isn"t enough space in the print to add a spring or springs that I can currently imagine and hence my thought is to come here for some ideas. Below are pictures of what I'm working with. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_3605.JPG
IMG_3606.JPG

2 thoughts come to mind, rubber band and spring. either way you will need to use a dremel sanding drum or grinding bit to make a groove, for one of the 2 to fit in the tiny space. Perhaps look at real world revolvers to see the mechanics there. good luck. I recently did a dl44 han solo and used a rubber band to maintain trigger pull. I know there are plenty of springs out there hopefully you can find a solution. rubber band really...I know cheapo

Maybe get a street sweeper blade from the side of the road (or some thin spring steel) and heat it to cherry red, then bend into a 'V' and then quench it in water to set it. cut to length and use to push the trigger back? I don't know if you have the space there or not, depending on the other half of the model.

Attachments

• trigger1.jpg
    trigger1.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 101
One option that might also work is to place the coiled spring remote from trigger where have more space. Connect remotely placed coiled spring end to the trigger using an additional piece of small diameter high strength flexible wire. Can guide wire through any bends/turns using dowel pin material or similar aligned at 90 degrees to plane of wire travel.

Drill out a 3.5 to 4mm hole in trigger where the diagonal part is. Put in a spring from an old pen. You may need to cut out a small notch in both halves to ensure the spring doesn't dislodge.

TazMan2000

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back