Help Needed with lifesize xenomorph

brent1336

Hey,
New to the forum, and need some advice on a build I am working on. Making an xenomorph that stands about 8 feet tall. Working on a pvc skeleton to insert. I'm using pep files and cardstock to make it. I would like to display it but am puzzled as to how to support the inside of the creature? Can I resin exterior then use expanding foam around the pvc skeleton? Should I cut in half and fiberglass the inside? Any ideas?

If I were heading down your path, I would probably do something similar to what this guy did at the 3:55 minute mark:

I would work in this order:
1) Pep these pieces separate (lower half, Torso, Arms, head, hands, feet)
2) Plug the shoulder holes on the torso with cardboard,
3) plug the ankle holes and wrist holes in a similar way.
4) build a pvc skeleton to go inside the legs, torso and arms and make sure they extrude past where you plan to fill
5) Use hot glue to glue internal cardboard support on all the pieces where needed.
6) Resin the outside of your pep piece. Be careful as you should only do a small portion at a time (1 - 2 square feet at a time and alternate between model parts i.e. do a small section of the torso, then do a small section of the leg then a small section of the head then back to the torso ensure that the original piece dried completely
7) apply a second coat all around
8) use the method in the youtube video to foam everything
9) use a hacksaw blade to gently slice off any foam that may have seeped out.
10) Bondo and finish.

Thank you so much for your response! I will def take a look at the video. I was afraid I was about to come to a cross roads with the pepping almost done. A lot of experimenting and trial and error was ahead of me.... this helps out a lot!!!!!!!

Quick question, should I fiberglass the whole piece om the outside before or after i separate the foot from the rest of the leg? Also going to separate the thigh from hip. Here is an image of the lower half currently.

Attachments

• 20200817_182627.jpg
    20200817_182627.jpg
    922.5 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Quick question, should I fiberglass the whole piece om the outside before or after i separate the foot from the rest of the leg? Also going to separate the thigh from hip. Here is an image of the lower half currently.
I would do if before for more control during the resin process. Use scissors or a razor if you are really careful. Cut along the lines where possible keeping it as straight as possible.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back