Help Needed Please All I May Have Made A Boo Boo

Lowdmekon

Sr Member
Hi All,

Just got back in from work today and put all my tools back in my work shop and I brusehed passed. I mean went to try my Ruffkintoy torso on and it's really stiff as a board. With little flex left in it.

Please tell me that the cold weather here in England hasn't ruined my suit? What do I do please help all????

How cold did it get?  Is it the raw skin or has it been painted?  My shop can get pretty cold in the winter, but I've never had a problem.  I have a Ruffkin P2 That's been down there for almost 2 years and it's still the same as when I got it.  A little more info may help.

Brian

Raw skin buddy, it's got down to minus 3 so far it's.

Buddies on FB gave said take it in the house and let it warm slowly. I thought I'd taken a massive step back on getting closer to gettin my suit done this year.

lowdmekon said:
Raw skin buddy, it's got down to minus 3 so far it's.

Buddies on FB gave said take it in the house and let it warm slowly. I thought I'd taken a massive step back on getting closer to gettin my suit done this year.
Let us know how it goes buddy.

Brian

i would think you want to keep latex out of extreme temperature changes.  I havent actually heard anything about that, but being that it's organic and you also do the same thing with latex house paint i would do the same.

I've heard the same about extreme temperatures.  They caution you about winter temps when ordering liquid latex.  So I'm assuming the same for a raw torso.   A slow warm up in the house may help.  Hope it goes well.

Wear it to Bed  lol.....

Latex does not like cold weather, most companies hate shipping latex in the winter months..(liquid latex freezes, but am sure you know that)

Am sure it will will Be ok  :)

Alex

Agree. Mouldlife in the UK aren't stocking Monster makers mask Latex because of the weather here and in the States. It will be Spring before they have any. I didn't know it could freeze after curing though.

Cheers all, should my suit be this stiff ? I've only just got around to bring it into the house. There is no support in the torso just being held up coz it's stiff.

.......please let it be ok .........

image.jpg

I would say the cold may have something to do with how stiff it is.  I have a few thick cast latex masks that will pretty much stand on their own as well, so that could be part of it too.  I doubt (unless the latex wasn't fully cured) it actually froze, so I wouldn't worry about that.  It's been my experience that even though temp can/will affect the latex, it takes a pretty long time in below freezing temps for it to turn solid, and then it's never truly solid.  Don't ask me how I know this  o_O

Brian

Thank the great Kevin Peter Hall in the sky, it's all full floppy again. Said the Actress to the Bishop.

No seriously I thought I had buggered up all the money I'd saved up for that for ages and got it for such a steal. Crisis over cheers all for your support and comments. Proper pooped it then for a while.

the only latex stuff i have is masks,  but i cast em thick enough that they keep their shape without foam.   so i couldn't tell ya if this is just casted thick or it's stiffened up due to the elements.

It's now all thawed out and back to its latexy floppyness.

It'll be livin in the house some where until I can seam it and cabo patch the seams and add the zip but I may wait until better weather in a month or two.

Is my suit ok to fold up and keep in a large suitcase until I'm ready to to seam and paint?

Once again cheers all on "the Lair" & FB

xdmray said:
how long are you gonna keep it folded?   you can permanently crease it if you leave folded for too long.
Didn't know that buddy cheers.

KmikzeKen said:
Glad it all sorted itself out for you, that's too nice of a skin to have gone full blown f*cked!
Cheers fella.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back