Help needed, finding accurate baking tray (BTTF related, "Welcome home Uncle Joey")

Roland

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi BTTF fans, especially from the USA. I need some assistance in identifying the correct baking tray that Lorraine used for her "Welcome home Uncle Joey" cake. It's from metal and I guess it's about 17 inches wide. On the right side you can read the words "EKC" (maybe it's "Ekcoloy"/"Ekco"?) and "U.S.A.". Anyone recognizing the tray and can point me in the right direction? Thanks for any help. :)

Here are some HD screen caps:

Welcome_Home_Uncle_Joey_1.jpg

Welcome_Home_Uncle_Joey_2.jpg

Welcome_Home_Uncle_Joey_3.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Help needed, finding accurate baking tray (BTTF related, "Welcome home Uncle Joey

hi Roland i think it is a VINTAGE METAL CAKE PAN EKCO USA...... pm sent hope it helps

Re: Help needed, finding accurate baking tray (BTTF related, "Welcome home Uncle Joey

hi Roland i think it is a VINTAGE METAL CAKE PAN EKCO USA...... pm sent hope it helps

Thanks for your link. :) Yes, I found a lot of Ekco pans, but they're all too small. The screen used pan should be about 17 x 11 inches.

There's an Ecko cake pan on eBay right now that's 11x16x2

...Might be a good thing to check out.

-Nick

There's an Ecko cake pan on eBay right now that's 11x16x2

...Might be a good thing to check out.

-Nick

Thank you, that's the right one!!! Awesome! 16x11x2 sounds great. I guess those are the correct dimensions. The seller wrote "Ecko" instead of "Ekco". No wonder I couldn't find it. :lol

I've just bought one of the pans (the seller still has one left). Once it's here, I can start to "bake" my "fake cake". :D

$_57.JPG

I always check for basic misspellings now. It's landed me a few harder to find pieces for really good prices, simply because there was no one else bidding on them.

Can't wait to see what you make!

-Nick

I always check for basic misspellings now. It's landed me a few harder to find pieces for really good prices, simply because there was no one else bidding on them. ...

I usually do the same, but this time I completely forgot about it. :$

... Can't wait to see what you make!

-Nick

A replica of Lorraine's cake. No real cake, of course. It will be made from a more durable material. :) Thanks again for your help.

I totally forgot to post pics of the bake pan. Received it a few weeks ago and it's absolutely accurate. Thanks again for your help Nick! :) I still haven't had the time to do the fake cake.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ekco1.jpg
    ekco1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 427
  • ekco2.jpg
    ekco2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 430
  • ekco3.jpg
    ekco3.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 436
  • ekco4.jpg
    ekco4.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 455
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back