Help needed, finding accurate baking tray (BTTF related, "Welcome home Uncle Joey")

Roland

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi BTTF fans, especially from the USA. I need some assistance in identifying the correct baking tray that Lorraine used for her "Welcome home Uncle Joey" cake. It's from metal and I guess it's about 17 inches wide. On the right side you can read the words "EKC" (maybe it's "Ekcoloy"/"Ekco"?) and "U.S.A.". Anyone recognizing the tray and can point me in the right direction? Thanks for any help. :)

Here are some HD screen caps:

Welcome_Home_Uncle_Joey_1.jpg

Welcome_Home_Uncle_Joey_2.jpg

Welcome_Home_Uncle_Joey_3.jpg

Last edited:

Spiderstella

Sr Member
Re: Help needed, finding accurate baking tray (BTTF related, "Welcome home Uncle Joey

hi Roland i think it is a VINTAGE METAL CAKE PAN EKCO USA...... pm sent hope it helps

Roland

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Re: Help needed, finding accurate baking tray (BTTF related, "Welcome home Uncle Joey

hi Roland i think it is a VINTAGE METAL CAKE PAN EKCO USA...... pm sent hope it helps
Thanks for your link. :) Yes, I found a lot of Ekco pans, but they're all too small. The screen used pan should be about 17 x 11 inches.

TheNickFox

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

There's an Ecko cake pan on eBay right now that's 11x16x2

...Might be a good thing to check out.

-Nick

Roland

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

There's an Ecko cake pan on eBay right now that's 11x16x2

...Might be a good thing to check out.

-Nick
Thank you, that's the right one!!! Awesome! 16x11x2 sounds great. I guess those are the correct dimensions. The seller wrote "Ecko" instead of "Ekco". No wonder I couldn't find it. :lol

I've just bought one of the pans (the seller still has one left). Once it's here, I can start to "bake" my "fake cake". :D

$_57.JPG

TheNickFox

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I always check for basic misspellings now. It's landed me a few harder to find pieces for really good prices, simply because there was no one else bidding on them.

Can't wait to see what you make!

-Nick

Roland

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I always check for basic misspellings now. It's landed me a few harder to find pieces for really good prices, simply because there was no one else bidding on them. ...
I usually do the same, but this time I completely forgot about it. :$

... Can't wait to see what you make!

-Nick
A replica of Lorraine's cake. No real cake, of course. It will be made from a more durable material. :) Thanks again for your help.

Roland

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I totally forgot to post pics of the bake pan. Received it a few weeks ago and it's absolutely accurate. Thanks again for your help Nick! :) I still haven't had the time to do the fake cake.

Attachments