Help needed, finding accurate baking tray (BTTF related, "Welcome home Uncle Joey")

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Roland, May 10, 2015.

1. Roland

Roland Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi BTTF fans, especially from the USA. I need some assistance in identifying the correct baking tray that Lorraine used for her "Welcome home Uncle Joey" cake. It's from metal and I guess it's about 17 inches wide. On the right side you can read the words "EKC" (maybe it's "Ekcoloy"/"Ekco"?) and "U.S.A.". Anyone recognizing the tray and can point me in the right direction? Thanks for any help. :)

Here are some HD screen caps:

Welcome_Home_Uncle_Joey_1.jpg

Welcome_Home_Uncle_Joey_2.jpg

Welcome_Home_Uncle_Joey_3.jpg

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  2. Spiderstella

Spiderstella Sr Member

Re: Help needed, finding accurate baking tray (BTTF related, "Welcome home Uncle Joey

hi Roland i think it is a VINTAGE METAL CAKE PAN EKCO USA...... pm sent hope it helps

3. Roland

Re: Help needed, finding accurate baking tray (BTTF related, "Welcome home Uncle Joey

Thanks for your link. :) Yes, I found a lot of Ekco pans, but they're all too small. The screen used pan should be about 17 x 11 inches.

4. TheNickFox

TheNickFox Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

There's an Ecko cake pan on eBay right now that's 11x16x2

...Might be a good thing to check out.

-Nick

5. Roland

Thank you, that's the right one!!! Awesome! 16x11x2 sounds great. I guess those are the correct dimensions. The seller wrote "Ecko" instead of "Ekco". No wonder I couldn't find it. :lol

I've just bought one of the pans (the seller still has one left). Once it's here, I can start to "bake" my "fake cake". :D

$_57.JPG

Spiderstella, TheNickFox and Contec like this.
  6. TheNickFox

TheNickFox Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I always check for basic misspellings now. It's landed me a few harder to find pieces for really good prices, simply because there was no one else bidding on them.

Can't wait to see what you make!

-Nick

7. Roland

I usually do the same, but this time I completely forgot about it. :$

A replica of Lorraine's cake. No real cake, of course. It will be made from a more durable material. :) Thanks again for your help.

8. Roland

I totally forgot to post pics of the bake pan. Received it a few weeks ago and it's absolutely accurate. Thanks again for your help Nick! :) I still haven't had the time to do the fake cake.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Spiderstella, MitasTouch and ruscoe like this.