Help needed!!!!! Dread doctors

RES888

ello people i building a dread doctors (from teen wolf season 5) and im having trouble finding detailed pics of the helmet for the surgeon! any help would be awesome
thanx

Teen_Wolf_Season_5_Episode_1_Creatures_of_the_Night_The_Surgeon.pngTeen_Wolf_Season_5_Episode_1_Creatures_of_the_Night_The_Surgeon.png

Hello there! @dkut: This is awesome, I never hoped to see work in progress photos of these. You did a great job on the Surgeon. From the first time I saw these guys on Teen Wolf I know I had to replicate their costumes, or at least make something similar. I hope you don't mind being bombarded with other questions. I noticed the gloves worn by the doctors are very similar. Is the plating on the fingers costume-made? Also...by any chance did you build the the other masks as well? I have some behind the scenes pics of the Pathologist's mask, but I'm having problems finding detail shots of the one worn by the Geneticist. Any help would be appreciated. Have a nice day! :)

Im prob going to be sporadic with my replies getting into work mode again looong days. but i look foreward to youre build and will with try to answer any question i can. Good luck:D

Wow, thanks for the answer, these look fantastic! Right now I'm in the process of making the Pathologist's coat, once I'm done with it, I'll see what I can do with the gloves and the mask(s). This pics help a lot. I spotted the Ouroboros symbol the Geneticist's mask, that's an incredible detail. :D I was thinking about using a Kroenen mask (from Hellboy) as a base or some parts of it, it's quite similar to the one worn by the Pathologist.

So- I just finished watching the show on Amazon and was thinking about doing a mask myself, so I'm very glad to have found this thread!

Any progress on your Gaillard?

Not too much so far. I've been waiting for the Kroenen mask for month - in the end it was lost in the post office god f.cking dammit. I haven't ordered a new one yet, but I've gotten some quality materials (soft leather, foam, metal pieces, etc.) so, it will be done this year hopefully. Unfortunately I'm on a budget nowadays, so it will be a long procedure. But I'm gonna do it non the less. The Pathologist's coat is almost finished; I'm still adding buttons to the sleeve to make it look like the original one, and it will be badass once it's done. :D And I made some Dread Doctors inspired stuff, but they're mostly my own ideas, not screen accurate stuff so I didn't think about uploading them here.

Hi, dkut! A really great job! I'm trying to make a replica of the Surgeon's mask myself, and finding the right hardware is really a chore. What is this big flat thing in the forehead? Some kind of a giant rivet?

Hello hope these help, i built the Surgeons mask on the show for Bitemares inc. what i don't have is pics of the foam base mask we used before i started adding leather. Basically we used a very thin foam pattered to fit tight around the actors head form glued it together with barge then added thin leather mask over the foam, glued it down with barge then started fabricating all the plates and parts. this was to make sure only soft foam was every touching actors face. you can get the rivits from any leather suppliers, the tall antenni looking things are also from leather hardware think it was belt nubs or something like that it just looked cool. ummmm face breather was sculpted then used as a vacuform buck and painted to look like copper, lenses are acrylic orange tint. otherwise go nuts find stuff that looks right and glue it on hope this helps. look foreword to seeing what you come up with.
cheers and sorry for images being all bonkers cant flip them it seems:;;;.
-D
HEY I’m making a dread Doctor cosplay and was wondering if you had a mask template I could use?

Hello hope these help, i built the Surgeons mask on the show for Bitemares inc. what i don't have is pics of the foam base mask we used before i started adding leather. Basically we used a very thin foam pattered to fit tight around the actors head form glued it together with barge then added thin leather mask over the foam, glued it down with barge then started fabricating all the plates and parts. this was to make sure only soft foam was every touching actors face. you can get the rivits from any leather suppliers, the tall antenni looking things are also from leather hardware think it was belt nubs or something like that it just looked cool. ummmm face breather was sculpted then used as a vacuform buck and painted to look like copper, lenses are acrylic orange tint. otherwise go nuts find stuff that looks right and glue it on hope this helps. look foreword to seeing what you come up with.
cheers and sorry for images being all bonkers cant flip them it seems:;;;.
-D
WTF THATS AMAZING!! do you still keep up with it?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back