Help needed - 1st Doctor William Hartnell

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

geekofalltrades

Hello all. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. Our local comic con here in Pensacola, FL is coming up in a couple of months, and I want to do a First Doctor costume. I'm needing help with his suit coat. From what I have read and found, it's an Edwardian style, double-breasted "town coat". It has 10 buttons (5 down each side) and a shawl collar.

Does anyone know of a good source for clothing from that era, or a good (cheap) seamstress/tailor that could make it for me? I'm a decent sewer myself, so I can modify something that's close.

Here's a few reference images:
http://onceuponageek.com/wordpress/2009/02/05/new-classic-doctor-who-action-figures/

I'm finding that the action figures are actually more accurate than BBC's own exhibit at the Doctor Who Experience. The costume they have on display is from later productions, after Hartnell's death, and were not the same as the Hartnell era.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Morthwyl

I remember hearing that somebody ordered one from Baron Boutique and were pretty pleased with it, although it's not listed on their website. It would probably be around $279 as that's what their Troughton coat costs. Hello Cosplay also make a First Doctor costume, it's $169 for the whole thing so considerably cheaper but lower quality. It looks decent for the price though.