Help me ID this part! Round Pivot Quick-Release Clip

Kylash

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
roundclip.jpg

This is a part of many Farscape props, mainly jackets and the holsters. Does anyone know where to get clips like these that can rotate and release when you press the center? Might be Australian, i just havent had any luck in the past however many years trying to find one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kylash327 @ Apr 20 2006, 07:24 PM) [snapback]1229896[/snapback]</div>
This is a part of many Farscape props, mainly jackets and the holsters. Does anyone know where to get clips like these that can rotate and release when you press the center? Might be Australian, i just havent had any luck in the past however many years trying to find one.
[/b]

They're very similar looking to Blackhawk SERPA tactical holster quick release swivel buckles. Details are a little off, though :( Close, but no cigar.

Looks like something I had seen at a sports supply shop in Berkeley.
They sell fabric, accessories and patterns for making your own camping and ski goods.
Right next to REI I think on San Pablo and Gilman.

It's been a few years so I don't know if they are still there.

D6

hmm...yeah that holster clips seem very very close...but i dont wanna have to spend $90 in a holster for the clip, gr...

I've seen that. Maybe larger. Center button 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 inch?

I think it was in a used sporting goods shop. "Play-It-Again-Sports'
I was there looking for used SCUBA gear for my daughter. It could have been on some of the SCUBA stuff but there was a mix of wind surfing, and rock wall climbing gear right next to the dive stuff. I looked at a lot of junk while she took forever picking out a dive mask.

yeah thats probably about the right size :) Hmm, ok so scuba, climbing gear... of course expensive stuff :p well at least its somethin, thanks.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back