Help me find this bottle...

dr_slurpee

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
There was a thread about this before, but I can't seem to find it now, so forgive me for possibly duplicating it.

I have tried looking in every local convenience store, grocery store, and pretty much any other place that might carry bottled water for one that matches the bottle they used in Firefly for cups, as seen here.
cup.jpg

I looked all over the net too, but possibly overlooked something. The only site I found with a picture of the correct bottle was some water purity information site that was using a generic stock photo of water bottles.
bottle.jpg

The bottle seems to be a generic water bottle that would have probably been common back in 2001/2002 (or whenever the show was filmed). Now pretty much every company is using custom designed bottles so finding one that matches seems impossible...so I bring my case to you guys in the hopes that someone will know something, or be able to find something.

The closest bottle I have found does not have the right number of ribs before the deep rib and also doesn't have the flat area above the rib...

Here's approximately what the profile should look like.
bottle-profile.gif

Why can I never find things properly when I try the search function? LOL

Thanks for the link, I'll leave this thread though because it has a more straight forward title so more people might look at it and someone might know of an accurate bottle since the once mentioned in the other thread people seemed to think were inaccurate.

Aiee.

I just grabbed a few of the Zephyrhills 24 oz. Sport Bottles, and the bottom is slightly different. The five indents do not go all the way to the center.

Profile looks pretty close, though.

DSC02754.jpg

-Mike

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back