Help me find a Fabric?

propsculptor

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm looking to match this Fabric (For the main Robe on the Cryptkeeper), I believe that it's a Cotton blend but I'm not sure...I do know that it is not Burlap or Canvas but the Weave is the size of Burlap, just softer...

AT-05F-012.JPG

I have looked all over town local to where I live... but have not come close to a match, I know many RPF'ers have great talent when it comes to finding things rare and old, so I'm hoping someone can help me find a match...

I need enough fabric to match the Robe the Cryptkeeper is wearing since I'm doing a complete Display. Any help will be appreciated!!!

I've seen this type of stuff numerous times at JoAnn Fabrics, I used some of it to make a Renaissance-type hood once. It's nice and soft and unravels easily. I still have some of it if you'd want me to send you a sample. Here's a shot of the hood.

Bryant-1.jpg

I have JoAnn Fabrics near me but they didn't have a match, what is the name of the fabric you used?

I've seen this type of stuff numerous times at JoAnn Fabrics, I used some of it to make a Renaissance-type hood once. It's nice and soft and unravels easily. I still have some of it if you'd want me to send you a sample. Here's a shot of the hood.

Bryant-1.jpg

It frays like a linen but it doesn't have the drape of one like I'm familiar with. I'd go more a denim or twill. Chances are good it was some kind of one-off unique fabric you'll never find again either way. It definitely frays like a natural fiber, or a natural blend.

I would say a lighter weight denim dyed to match would fray like you need it and be able to withstand weathering without falling apart completely.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back