Help Identifying yet Another Vader helmet...

WarPig

Sr Member
Hey, all - I grabbed this off eBay; took a bit of a risk. The seller didn't know a lot about it:

"...i brought it about 6-8 years ago from the person who made it,and was from the new york area,so i guess im the second owner,he took several weeks to make it and paint it and detail it,then sent it to me,i think he was short on cash so he decided to sell,and thats where i came in,been wrapped up all that time..."

The helmet is in a lot better shape than the photos show it to be, and here's the kicker: when I removed the dome, I discovered it appears to be a cast of a DP Classic Action!

StarWarsHelmets.com shows a couple of ESB fiberglass CA helmets, but I have no way to determine what it may be.

Anyone have an idea? And is this a helmet I should use as a display or to troop with?

Thanks!

Need to see the dome mounting set up to have a better idea. Those pics dont show much. If it is a CA recast the dome mounting system will be a dead giveaway

Just out of curiousity what marks it as a DPCA. That sure doesnt look like a DPCA dome. Way to thick on the edges, way too sharp on the denter ridge and it has widows peak detail...none of these are characteristic of a DPCA. The face is a different story which is why I wanted to see the mounting system.
Yep, it is a DP CA recast, no question. It is up to you but it would make a good trooping helmet, assuming it isn't too heavy.

Just out of curiousity what marks it as a DPCA. That sure doesnt look like a DPCA dome. Way to thick on the edges, way too sharp on the denter ridge and it has widows peak detail...none of these are characteristic of a DPCA. The face is a different story which is why I wanted to see the mounting system.

The shape of the noseslots and the characteristic gaps between the teeth in terms of width. Also the curvature of the inside edges of the eyes, as well as the shape of the tusk tubes. Ya the dome shape is funky but why would someone go through the trouble of recasting the mask of a DP CA and not the dome? It does look like it had some work done to the center ridge and widows peak to make it more ESB-like. But the dome of the DP CA is shorter as well and this dome has that characteristic shortness.

Last edited:
I promise to post more pix - my nutty job is pretty intense at the moment, so I'm almost literally chained in my studio.

Thanks for helping me out with this mystery! :) I'm more curious than ever on its heritage!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back