Help identifying Rogue One Marine pouch

Prop Store

ID10T

Sr Member
So, I’m working one of these costumes.

I have a build list but one item doesn’t seem to match. Does anyone recognize this belt bag/pouch here? I messed around with the image a bit to try and tease out more detail, and it looks to me like a small pouch on top of a larger one.

8CA6FB64-B96D-42B3-A2AD-8669AAD00A63.jpeg

Currently it is identified as the “Danish HTK pouch” which comes in two flavors:

38526EAA-7F89-4100-B42E-1764FB45BCEE.jpeg

8D01BA04-2BD1-4EA9-BD3D-0ED2E3650FFD.jpeg

The more I study it, it looks like a larger bag on the belt, and the smaller bag above it- well above the belt- so it may be attached to the bag below... I’ve been searching German, Russian and British surplus and not seeing anything that looks close.

The bags look related- similar in design but that could just be luck too. I’m leaning toward the second bag, with the snap strap, as the fall-back, even though I don’t see the bottom pocket with the two snaps.

thanks guys!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

division 6

Master Member
Looking through my reference they appear to be the type 2 with the small pocket on the bottom.
Seen in both light and dark colors.

They can be seen in the trek through the jungle scene (teaser Trailer)
Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 11.24.31 AM.png

rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-13081.jpg

Guy on the right.
rogue-one-movie-screencaps.com-10715.jpg

ID10T

Sr Member
Well, there's a problem. Due to shooting schedule conflicts, there were actually two Corporal Rostok's used in the movie. And not a lot of good shots of his right hip. So, identifying the pouches gets complicated, because the same character has different appearances in different scenes. Why they didn't use the same costume add-ons I have no idea...

On the one I posted, the bag appears to be the British 37 pattern Mk III magazine bag (I bought one yesterday at the local army-navy place for $7) but the smaller bag continues to elude me. I've been searching the British 37 pattern and found some smaller pouches with the snap closure (earlier version) but I'm not finding small bags with the pointed top flap and "frog" closure.

Note the pull tab for the frog here:

Corporal Rostok - marked.jpg

Belt enters the middle of the bag too- earlier ones are at the top. This change was made to make it easier to move/sit with these on.

IMG_1944[1].JPG

Totally lucked into this yesterday (seven bucks!) appears un-issued. I've added some foam inside to give it shape.

But what about the OTHER bag, that seems to be above this one, perhaps attached? Do you think it might be a modified large bag?

division 6

Master Member
Perhaps you should have this moved to the Star Wars section for more people to look at it.;)
This is a research thread, not a "screen used".

ID10T

Sr Member
Sounds good to me!

I usually find stuff searching "new posts" so it covers all areas. But others may not do that.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
Prop Store