Help identifying Boba Fett helmet mould - legit or recast?

susje00

Hi I bought this Mould on ebay and wonder if I can make and sell replicas on the forum, or if the mold is a copy of the original and I did not do more to serve the customer copias.Por told me that he had designed on but you never know if they tell the truth and prefer 100% sure

Re: Find Help

I am having trouble understanding a little? If you bought the molds and they are legally yours and the guy has told you that you can use them for profit then I personally don't see why you cannot make them and sell them. I don't think anyone else will tell you any different.:) (Could be wrong though)

I look forward to seeing your Boba Helmets when you make them.:)

Make them!:lol

Re: Find Help

I am having trouble understanding a little? If you bought the molds and they are legally yours and the guy has told you that you can use them for profit then I personally don't see why you cannot make them and sell them. I don't think anyone else will tell you any different.:) (Could be wrong though)

I look forward to seeing your Boba Helmets when you make them.:)

Make them!:lol

clear I think like you, but I prefer to ask before doing anything. Why can always say that if you and then not. but hey wait a few answers and proves more has to do 1 for my having such a left and then we'll see ....

Find Help

Hi I bought this Mould on ebay and wonder if I can make and sell replicas on the forum, or if the mold is a copy of the original and I did not do more to serve the customer copias.Por told me that he had designed on but you never know if they tell the truth and prefer 100% sure

Nobody can say anything about the helmet and its legitimacy ust from looking at a mold.

You will have to cast a helmet, then post pictures of it, then have people look at it to see if it is a recast or not.
If it is a recast, off of another Boba Fett helmet, you of course cannot sell it here, contrary to what StevenRogers84 wrote.

If the guy really built his own helmet by making a sculpt and then molding it, then that is a different thing.

You may want to visit Boba Fett Costume Resource - Boba Fett News & Articles for more information on Boba Fett helmets.

Michael

Michael, his English is not all that great, so I am taking the liberty, to be sure he understood you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Traduccion de lo que dijo Michael :

Nadie puede pronunciarse sobre el caso o su legitimidad simplemente con mirar el molde.

Tendras que moldear uno, tomarle fotos, y dejar que la gente aqui te diga si es un recast o no.

Si es un recast de un casco que hizo alguien (no arte original), no puedes venderlo aqui, a pesar de lo que escribio stevenrogers84.

Si la persona del cual lo compraste realmente esculpio un casco y lo moldeo, entonces eso es diferente.

Podras visitar "Boba Fett Costume Resource - Boba Fett News & Articles" para mas informacion sobre los cascos Fett.

Nobody can say anything about the helmet and its legitimacy ust from looking at a mold.

You will have to cast a helmet, then post pictures of it, then have people look at it to see if it is a recast or not.
If it is a recast, off of another Boba Fett helmet, you of course cannot sell it here, contrary to what StevenRogers84 wrote.

If the guy really built his own helmet by making a sculpt and then molding it, then that is a different thing.

You may want to visit Boba Fett Costume Resource - Boba Fett News & Articles for more information on Boba Fett helmets.

Michael

I didn't know... I am sorry if I caused any confusion it seemed to me that he was saying in his first post that the guy he bought it off made it?...Again sorry if I gave the wrong advice it wasn't intentionally done.

Michael

thanks I'll do that as you receive it would make me a copy for me and post photos and give me your opinion I really like this forum and I do not prefer to be a recast sure.
the salesman told me that if that was his and that could make copies and sell them. but come from words to action is another step

I didn't know... I am sorry if I caused any confusion it seemed to me that he was saying in his first post that the guy he bought it off made it?...Again sorry if I gave the wrong advice it wasn't intentionally done.

StevenRogers84 not have been blamed confusion over jejeje I support ...

While I can't be certain, that looks like a mold of a Don Post helmet. If it is, that same helmet has been recast and sold a million times over already, so while you COULD sell copies, that market is pretty saturated and there are much better helmets out there.

OK. That's it. I quit.

You can tell what it is from a mold :confused

I feel useless :(

:lol :lol

Damn, I initially thought that there MIGHT be someone who could identify the helmet by just looking at the mould, but then I discarded that thought as too fantastic.
In the meantime I received several messages from various people telling me that they witnessed Art do that same feat without even looking at a mold, but just being in the same room with it. I think that his powers have multiplied since those days...

Michael

In the meantime I received several messages from various people telling me that they witnessed Art do that same feat without even looking at a mold, but just being in the same room with it. I think that his powers have multiplied since those days...

Michael

Th Force is strong with this one. :lol

Hmmm the seller says;

HAVE DECIDED TO SELL MY FULL SIZE BOBA FETT CUSTOM BUILT OUTFIT.

COLLECTED IT OVER MANY YEARS FROM DIFFERENT BUILDERS FROM DIFFERENT COUNTRYS

Custom built, but he got the pieces from other people?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back