Help identifying Boba Fett helmet mould - legit or recast?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by susje00, Dec 1, 2011.

1. susje00

susje00 Member

Hi I bought this Mould on ebay and wonder if I can make and sell replicas on the forum, or if the mold is a copy of the original and I did not do more to serve the customer copias.Por told me that he had designed on but you never know if they tell the truth and prefer 100% sure

2. susje00

susje00 Member

Re: Find Help

admisnitrador some help me?

3. susje00

susje00 Member

if not too much to ask because I would like advice.

4. Shylaah

Shylaah Sr Member

PM sent....

Shylaah

5. StevenRogers84

StevenRogers84 Sr Member

I am having trouble understanding a little? If you bought the molds and they are legally yours and the guy has told you that you can use them for profit then I personally don't see why you cannot make them and sell them. I don't think anyone else will tell you any different.:) (Could be wrong though)

I look forward to seeing your Boba Helmets when you make them.:)

Make them!:lol

6. susje00

susje00 Member

clear I think like you, but I prefer to ask before doing anything. Why can always say that if you and then not. but hey wait a few answers and proves more has to do 1 for my having such a left and then we'll see ....

7. susje00

susje00 Member

Find Help

Hi I bought this Mould on ebay and wonder if I can make and sell replicas on the forum, or if the mold is a copy of the original and I did not do more to serve the customer copias.Por told me that he had designed on but you never know if they tell the truth and prefer 100% sure

8. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Nobody can say anything about the helmet and its legitimacy ust from looking at a mold.

You will have to cast a helmet, then post pictures of it, then have people look at it to see if it is a recast or not.
    If it is a recast, off of another Boba Fett helmet, you of course cannot sell it here, contrary to what StevenRogers84 wrote.

If the guy really built his own helmet by making a sculpt and then molding it, then that is a different thing.

You may want to visit Boba Fett Costume Resource - Boba Fett News & Articles for more information on Boba Fett helmets.

Michael

9. Alan Castillo

Alan Castillo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Michael, his English is not all that great, so I am taking the liberty, to be sure he understood you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Traduccion de lo que dijo Michael :

Nadie puede pronunciarse sobre el caso o su legitimidad simplemente con mirar el molde.

Tendras que moldear uno, tomarle fotos, y dejar que la gente aqui te diga si es un recast o no.

Si es un recast de un casco que hizo alguien (no arte original), no puedes venderlo aqui, a pesar de lo que escribio stevenrogers84.

Si la persona del cual lo compraste realmente esculpio un casco y lo moldeo, entonces eso es diferente.

Podras visitar "Boba Fett Costume Resource - Boba Fett News & Articles" para mas informacion sobre los cascos Fett.

10. StevenRogers84

StevenRogers84 Sr Member

I didn't know... I am sorry if I caused any confusion it seemed to me that he was saying in his first post that the guy he bought it off made it?...Again sorry if I gave the wrong advice it wasn't intentionally done.

11. susje00

susje00 Member

thanks I'll do that as you receive it would make me a copy for me and post photos and give me your opinion I really like this forum and I do not prefer to be a recast sure.
    the salesman told me that if that was his and that could make copies and sell them. but come from words to action is another step

12. susje00

susje00 Member

StevenRogers84 not have been blamed confusion over jejeje I support ...

13. StevenRogers84

StevenRogers84 Sr Member

Thank you sir,:) I really wasn't trying to give you bad advice. I apologize for the confusion.:)

14. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

While I can't be certain, that looks like a mold of a Don Post helmet. If it is, that same helmet has been recast and sold a million times over already, so while you COULD sell copies, that market is pretty saturated and there are much better helmets out there.

15. Alan Castillo

Alan Castillo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

OK. That's it. I quit.

You can tell what it is from a mold :confused

I feel useless :(

:lol :lol

16. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

*, I initially thought that there MIGHT be someone who could identify the helmet by just looking at the mould, but then I discarded that thought as too fantastic.
    In the meantime I received several messages from various people telling me that they witnessed Art do that same feat without even looking at a mold, but just being in the same room with it. I think that his powers have multiplied since those days...

Michael

17. Finhead

Finhead Sr Member

Th Force is strong with this one. :lol

18. kalkamel

kalkamel Sr Member

The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

19. terryr

terryr Sr Member

Hmmm the seller says;

Custom built, but he got the pieces from other people?

20. susje00

susje00 Member

thank a lot

21. susje00

susje00 Member

Hi guys, i am Madrid Boba helping susje00 to write this post.

The guy that sold him the molds, send him this message...

"Hi, is individual custom design mould, so no problem selling painted finished helmets as I had planned.
    Deb" Ebay registered under koochy3k

What do you think that he should do? I read that he should do one first helmet, and then post the pics so you guys can find out who the maker could be.....

I told him to do so.

Regards

Alfredo

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  22. defstartrooper

defstartrooper Sr Member

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  23. susje00

susje00 Member

thank you

24. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

Like custom built cars. You buy the parts and put them together.

Like what we nearly all do with our props and displays, except if we buy already completed, finished and painted.

25. deadbolt

deadbolt Sr Member

Like Art said, possibly a Don Post. Or maybe even a Mystery bucket recast? Those were popular to see on ebay for a while there. Tough to tell though, I haven't seen many Fett helmets with built-in ears made anymore.

Cast it up, then someone will definitely be able to tell. :thumbsup

-Carson