Help! Identify Mauser c96 (mgc)

hairball

Hey, everyone i just bought this item, i was very sure it was an mgc. I have another one that i bought some years back(not 9 on the handle). But when i got it i saw that the barrel was hallow all the way through. My other mgc the the barrel it just few cm deep them it solid cast. Did also Mgc make replica mausers with hollow barrels, or is this something else?

RjVrpRA.jpg

4zEGMS5.jpg

JhI2NtZ.jpg
EEFEtx1.jpg
I6HK91u.jpg
2pj1sos.jpg

0mXzAjz.jpg
NHnk2Sd.jpg
VTjfeU3.jpg

None of my five MGCs had the Mauser logo or text on them.

Correction - One of my MGCs does have the logo and text. Maybe someone drilled the barrel out?

looking into it now with better light, is see a small welded rod in the barrel. This is strange if its a Mgc? also the slot and the handle for the stock seems well used...

im really unsure it if its a mgc or real now.. there are no other markings on. And i only payed $260 for it, i feel that is a good price

d0wXnYy.jpg

Rac6Eud.jpg

wqbcoEm.jpg

I just bought an MGC that looks identical to that, its an MGC. Some have the German markings and some dont, my Hoth MGC doesn’t have the markings whereas my new MGC does:
F5A143B9-AD87-40F6-BA12-EDAE6D4A000D.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve had a few MGCs now. Some have had stampings, others haven’t.

This is definitely an MGC variant with a hollow barrel and stamping. It’s a nice pick up!

Great :) thanks for all the help. Does anyone know if anyone makes drips for that fit the mgc (without the "9")?

They are usually really rare but there’s a few sets on eBay right now, I also just bought a pair to replace my 9’s. Just search for MGC grips.

4CDB8F2F-6EF6-4632-A0F1-2D537B07FCC1.jpeg

These are made by Corellian Exports here on therpf. I have a set and they are very good! Colour isn’t matched at all, but they can be painted to be successful replacements.

Interesting, you recommend them, they are High Quality, no air bobles and they fit perfectly?

Interesting, you recommend them, they are High Quality, no air bobles and they fit perfectly?

Corellian exports does some high quality work. For mine, the air bubbles were on the underside so didn’t affect anything and they needed a light removal of flashing. Otherwise they were perfect, and fit perfectly.

I have a gold version with the same welded rod in the barrel. There are a few versions of MGC barrels over the years... no idea on the history of that, but I hacksawed my barrel shorter... right behind the sight... and was surprised to find
fullsizeoutput_2080.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2081.jpeg

that bit on the left is a pile of WD-40 bubbles, dont worry

fullsizeoutput_2082.jpeg

the welded rod didn't even reach all the way to the front plug - it was attached near the body of the gun and floating near the tip. Plug was less than 1 cm and sat in front of the end of the rod

I've had 9 pass through my hands in the past 20 years, and the markings on the pistol grew fewer over the years,
and eventually they added "SMG" on the left side.

All had the barrel blocked.

There is a small seem on the barrel which is solid, as the breech is moulded with the frame.
I think the barrel was separately cast and then attached or some such.
Either way, nothing was welded as this is die cast metal; they were cast into the mould.

Came back here to say I just got one exactly like this. brazed rod in the empty barrel and the 9 grips, no company markings at all. I do have a 4 digit serial number on mine though.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back