Help Identify Blaster Greeblies

bwingpilot

I've been trying to Identify the greeblies attatched to the ANH version of the DH-17. There are only a couple of them attatched to this prop, and with your guys' help I'd like to identify them.
dh17post22nj.jpg

Firstly here is a shot of the left side of the gun, as seen on screen.

greebliepost12zw.jpg

Next is an enlarged picture of the rebel blaster. I've outlined the main greeblies attatched as follows:
1 - I was thinking that it could be the imperial disk, but I can't be sure. Maybe its the lighting, but it just doesn't seem right. It could also be a knob/dial like the ones used on chewie's bowcaster.

2 - Some type of coiled wire, hopefully an expert in electronics can nail this wire down.

3 - Quite possibly the elusive T-track, but with a bulge on the end.

greebliepost24vr.jpg

A close up detailing the wire.

greebliepost36bu.jpg

The right side of the blaster. Besides the T-track this was the only greeblie added to the right side.

4 - Totally unsure, if I had to guess I would say split plugs, but they didn't come into play until ESB.

greebliepost45bq.jpg

A somewhat detailed view of "4"

greebliepost56mj.jpg

Another somewhat detailed view of "4"

Come on guys lets get these identified, we solved 3 major Star Wars prop mysteries within a few weeks. I know you can do it :D

The wire is probably the same guage and type as that used on the ANH E-11 blasters (connecting the cylinders to the Hengstlers).
I agree they used T-track on the sides of the scope rail.

The bits in "4" seem very familiar. They remind me of the "V" shapes on the Vader reveal neckpiece.

Good call on the wire and "4" Chris, they do look somewhat similar. As for the disk, the size looks correct but the porportions seem off. Maybe someone who is knowledgeable in these disks can chime in.

What do you estimate the diameter of disc #1 to be?
Imperial discs seem to come in two sizes 7/8" and just under 1" (small difference, but confirmed through scaling of different discs).
The disc on the DH-17 looks like it may be black with a silver skirt like the bowcaster knobs, but it doesn't look tall enough. Small bowcaster knobs are 3/4" diameter and about 1/2" high. It could be that only the knurled part of the black knob is catching the light in the screencap and teh rest of the height is hidden in the shadows. The small bowcaster knob does seem to be the most likely candidate.

Without better pics I don't think these details can be conclusively solved.

I scaled the disk diameter to be about 1". And I think you're right about the bowcaster knobs, the height is way off. An imperial disk seems very logical though, as they were used on the greedo blaster, bowcaster, and merr-sonns I think. But I keep thinking its a knob similar to the small bowcaster knob, the dh-17 disk bottom seems flared and perhaps its the lighting but there seems to be an image on top of the knob, here is a pic to illustrate what I see:
greebliepost64qy.jpg

I guess you are also right, this is all just speculation until better pics can be found. In all my searching though there arn't many pics of this blaster, if at all.

The items labeled #1 resemble vibration dampers and bumpers. Here are typical bumpers:

Adhesive backed bumper:

9723kp5l.gif

http://www.mcmaster.com/ctlg/DisplCtlgPage...Nav&ToolsetAct=

and in this pic, the one in the lower right hand corner:

pvibrationdamping.jpg

Vibration damper bushing and shear grommet:

grommets.JPG

http://www.mcmaster.com/ctlg/DisplCtlgPage...cMMainWidth=812

They could also be regular door bumpers, which actually have a steel plate in the back:

8095ap1l.gif

http://www.mcmaster.com/ctlg/DisplCtlgPage...cMMainWidth=812

Since we know they used square bumpers on the ESB Han and other blasters, I wouldn't be surprised if a particular model of a part like those posted above might fit the bill. :)

- Gabe

Hmmm.. the rubber bumpers really only came in at ESB. Were there any other rubber bumpers in ANH?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back