[HELP] How to amplify a linear motion?

If you do decide to go with "pin" sensors, what have you been working on?
You seem to have a pretty good handle on the design aspect already, both mechanically and electronically,
really better then I expected and even with the servo barrel up front.
I would think a sensor set-up would have to have a fairly quick response time on each end for the rapid action you require.
A mechanical snap action switch would work, but it could wear out quickly.
If however you don't fire it all that often (only when showing it off) it could be all you need.
The oscillator set up you have now looks to work great, reliable and no wear and tear.
One other question:
How are you keeping the friction to a minimum and from creating too much heat on the moving firing pin?

Last edited:
If you do decide to go with "pin" sensors, what have you been working on?
You seem to have a pretty good handle on the design aspect already, both mechanically and electronically,
really better then I expected and even with the servo barrel up front.
I would think a sensor set-up would have to have a fairly quick response time on each end for the rapid action you require.
A mechanical snap action switch would work, but it could wear out quickly.
If however you don't fire it all that often (only when showing it off) it could be all you need.
The oscillator set up you have now looks to work great, reliable and no wear and tear.
One other question:
How are you keeping the friction to a minimum and from creating too much heat on the moving firing pin?

Cheers again!

I will probably use an optical sensor like this:
I have used these sorts of sensors to detect 300-400fps BB pallets for my old airsoft gun, so should have no trouble trying to detect a thing moving at 2-3fps. Also, like you said if I was to go the mechanical switch route then I would have to worry about things wearing down, hence why I plan to use an optical sensor

As for reducing friction, I will probably 3D print the moving parts out of Nylon

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back