HELP: How do I ENLARGE my Vader mask?

this video might be of help.......??

Also thanks but I've seen this vid my worry is the silicone wobbling about when putting the fibreglass jacket on the mold, I can't rest the silicone against the helmet as normal because when the fibreglass jacket won't enlarge with it after putting thinners on the silicone, and even if that did work I think its more money than I'm willing to spend but still I am most grateful for you trying to help.

Zephyr3D is a photogrametry program you can trial for 2 weeks FOR FREE(!!!) to make STLs of whatever you want.

I know you dont seem to like the idea of an Stl file and 3d print, but all you need is a steady hand and take a bunch o pics, use a neutral background and VIOLA! You will have a file you can print at any size.

I dont own stock in the company, but I have used the software to make some great files.

There are some great Youtube videos on how to use the software.

Don't think so. He goes by Bookface here.

SPFX has a long history of recasting people and burning them. He's banned here. I wouldn't recommend doing buisness

Zephyr3D is a photogrametry program you can trial for 2 weeks FOR FREE(!!!) to make STLs of whatever you want.

I know you dont seem to like the idea of an Stl file and 3d print, but all you need is a steady hand and take a bunch o pics, use a neutral background and VIOLA! You will have a file you can print at any size.

I dont own stock in the company, but I have used the software to make some great files.

There are some great Youtube videos on how to use the software.
Thank you for mentioning it i didn't wanna use someone elses STL cuz casting it in fiberglass is like stealing there work (but a recast of an official retired helmet seems okay if mentioned) its just the fact is plastic is harder to work with where as fiberglass is easy to repair if something happens to it, however I have heard some people use resin aswell is that anywhere near as good as fiberglass? and will the STL capture the surface nuances so it'll be like the original?

Thank you for mentioning it i didn't wanna use someone elses STL cuz casting it in fiberglass is like stealing there work (but a recast of an official retired helmet seems okay if mentioned) its just the fact is plastic is harder to work with where as fiberglass is easy to repair if something happens to it, however I have heard some people use resin aswell is that anywhere near as good as fiberglass?
Then 3d print in Petg or, if you have an enclosure, ABS.

If you crack Petg kinda easy repair,

I dont think modifying something to fit you is a recast, but if you bought someone else's work, made a mold and sold castings for profit, THEN you are bantha poo-too

Also, if make a mold of it and cast in resin, but you will now have a mold that fits YOU.

Then 3d print in Petg or, if you have an enclosure, ABS.

If you crack Petg kinda easy repair,

I dont think modifying something to fit you is a recast, but if you bought someone else's work, made a mold and sold castings for profit, THEN you are bantha poo-too

Also, if make a mold of it and cast in resin, but you will now have a mold that fits YOU.
But would it be cheaper for me to fix up and sell the smaller one then buy a 1:1 fiberglass helmet to paint up and assemble? or STL method?

But would it be cheaper for me to fix up and sell the smaller one then buy a 1:1 fiberglass helmet to paint up and assemble? or STL method?
It is your time and money.

I am just offering an idea that I hope, helps you reach your goal. I dont know your skill set or how hands on you want to be in your quest to get a good helmet. :)

I 3d print stuff all the time, make molds and gifts for kids and friends

It is your time and money.

I am just offering an idea that I hope, helps you reach your goal. I dont know your skill set or how hands on you want to be in your quest to get a good helmet. :)

I 3d print stuff all the time, make molds and gifts for kids and friends
I'm dead grateful for your suggestion and I think 3d printing is something I will look into since its part of my engineering course in September but that is further in the future, but regardless I think its great you 3d print stuff all the time I would like to have a look at your work if you have a few threads ,vids or whatever.

I've decided not to get a Quasimodo because I want to paint a helmet myself, I have nothing wrong with Bookfaces paint job or CSmclarens workmanship it's one of if not the best I've seen for an ESB (and all there other helmets) but my budget stands in the way unfortunately so rattle cans on a 'skunkworksprops' helmet it is.

Nexus goggles made out of alimunum and Freeform Air, then photogrametried into an Stl, touched up, made into a mold, and cast in resin.

Princess Mononoke mask.

Nexus' ship

Attachments

• 20180929_215726.jpg
    20180929_215726.jpg
    991 KB · Views: 48
  • 20200501_151450.jpg
    20200501_151450.jpg
    945.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 20180703_194152.jpg
    20180703_194152.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
  • 20210419_151544.jpg
    20210419_151544.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
Does anyone know if the stunt helmet was smaller since Bob Anderson wasn't Prowse's size.
The bob anderson stunt helmet had the neck trimmed down, the mounting position also looks different to my eye but I may be wrong, skunkworkprops on IG is bookface, I’d highly recommend him for those he makes a great ESB, not sure if he offers raw casting of it though. It may be worth while to scan that helmet and do some touch ups to it as well as make a 3D file for the dome to match it.

Thanks for the mentions everyone. Yes, I do have unpainted helmets available, click the link for Darth Ugly in my signature below. CSMacLaren has a long thread on how he created the Darth Ugly helmet, where he essentially received something similar to what you have, and totally resculpted it into something new and better. It's a long and tough process so you may still want to buy an unpainted helmet, but you should search it out. I think there may be a link to it in my sales thread.

Thanks for the mentions everyone. Yes, I do have unpainted helmets available, click the link for Darth Ugly in my signature below. CSMacLaren has a long thread on how he created the Darth Ugly helmet, where he essentially received something similar to what you have, and totally resculpted it into something new and better. It's a long and tough process so you may still want to buy an unpainted helmet, but you should search it out. I think there may be a link to it in my sales thread.
No offence but I'm not all that into a Darth Ugly I mean the dome positioning is good and the work gone into its good but its not as accurate as my other helmets my plan was to sell my helmets and get a super accurate one but have a bit left over for some other parts, If you don't sell quasimodo helmets unpainted do you someone who sells a close raw cast ESB helmet for 300 odd.

No offence but I'm not all that into a Darth Ugly I mean the dome positioning is good and the work gone into its good but its not as accurate as my other helmets my plan was to sell my helmets and get a super accurate one but have a bit left over for some other parts, If you don't sell quasimodo helmets unpainted do you someone who sells a close raw cast ESB helmet for 300 odd.
I don't think you're going to get anything super accurate for 300 (£? $? 300 what?). Sounds like you're going to be doing it the hard way and doing it yourself.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back