Help getting started

UglyMoFo

Well, Ive decided I'm going to try to make my own Predator costume. I've never done anything like this before, I have absolutly ZERO experience, and it'll likely be a long and slow process. What am I waiting for?! :)

A little advice, actually.
Anyone got any advice on where to begin? I'll take any help I can get and I'm sure I'll need it!

Thanks

P.S. Expect MANY more questions from me!

Read the forum, search your lil pred head out, nearly every innovative, creative, unlikely, working and failed idea has been discussed.

Good 'untin...

Alrighty, I guess first things first, Ive started collecting as many pictures of Predator heads as I can for reference. Ill study them and do a bunch of sketches until I come to a design I like. I may do a compilation of different looks, I haven't decided yet. After I come up with a final head design, I guess I'll start coming up with a Bio Helmet design.

P.S.
Am I starting out okay? :)

Sounds good.

The search function will become your friend. When I started I looked threw the completed and WIP threads to get design ideas and then tried to plan out what I was going to do, andc in which order so I could start getting parts. Don't be afraid to ask questions in the help section if unexpected stuff comes up along the way... people here are really helpful

-P

sounds like you're on the right track.
get reference material
jot down/ sketch your own design
pick a starting point
whether it be suit, mask or bio or armor
those seem to be the most popular starting points

this place is great for 'reference' and 'tutorials' (huntorials). =)

i dont get this you made this thread and mine is very similar and got the topic closed.... well yea just use search engine i was told also.

PRED OF GOLD.

NOT a good idea to come into someone elses thred and bitch!, he WAS told the same as you!. the difference being, He has not continued to DEMAND everyone help him, he has taken the SEARCH comments on board and has now decided to plan a head design, before moving onto a bio.

suggest you think before you make posts like this again.

UGLYMOFO, im sure youll get some good input once you start to plan out and show some designs.

This one is for PRED OF GOLD...

obraxissearch.jpg

obraxissearch.jpg

It seems like most people start with the bio. It's the most recognizable part of the whole costume to normal people. Additionally, it is the cheapest part too. There are several sellers on here and you can find ones on ebay from time to time.

I decided to go Dutch (bad pun) and go with the original P1 design. I'm going to make it have movable jaws like grusderk's. I've posted some pics of my underskull in Overall Works in Progress if anyone fancy's a look.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back