Help from 3d Modellers Out there?

eaviii

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Been working on "Bishop of Battle" from "Nightmares"- I have done my own models and have tried to mimic vector type graphics (i.e. Asteroids look or more appropriately "Major Havoc") with the models. The game actually moves from 3rd to 1st person gradually. The objects close up are obviously not vector modelled. Is there a program to help transform models into a skeletal wireframe of sorts for this look?

Doc

Also: Does anyone have a line on some free TOS meshes? I have been tinkering with a remake of the Sega Tactical Simulator and have been looking for a Nomad mesh. Also would love any others (have the TOS Klingon/Enterprise) esp a Romulan Bird of Prey, Tholians, Space Station, Doomsday Machine . . .

<div class='quotetop'>(eaviii @ Jun 4 2006, 11:59 AM) [snapback]1255974[/snapback]</div>
Been working on "Bishop of Battle" from "Nightmares"- I have done my own models and have tried to mimic vector type graphics (i.e. Asteroids look or more appropriately "Major Havoc") with the models. The game actually moves from 3rd to 1st person gradually. The objects close up are obviously not vector modelled. Is there a program to help transform models into a skeletal wireframe of sorts for this look?

Doc

Also: Does anyone have a line on some free TOS meshes? I have been tinkering with a remake of the Sega Tactical Simulator and have been looking for a Nomad mesh. Also would love any others (have the TOS Klingon/Enterprise) esp a Romulan Bird of Prey, Tholians, Space Station, Doomsday Machine . . .
[/b]

For your second question, you might try signing up for the forums at www.scifi-meshes.com We have a fairly extensive free mesh section.

For your first question ( I have no idea why I answered out of order) I myself use truespace from www.caligari.com In your rendering option, you have the choice of using either wireframe, or hidden line. I'm sure you would have similar options in whichever program you choose to work in. I haven't seen the movie in years, so I don't know exactly what he looked like throught the film. But I think you could probably get away with a 2 pass hidden line render from what I've seen in google images (one for the green lines, and one for the teal), and then composite and color correct them in after effects or something.

If you need anymore help, feel free to ask. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(JKolton @ Jun 4 2006, 05:51 PM) [snapback]1256032[/snapback]</div>
For your second question, you might try signing up for the forums at www.scifi-meshes.com We have a fairly extensive free mesh section.
[/b]

Thanks sir- I have definitely found a few models there but no luck with Nomad.

<div class='quotetop'>(JKolton @ Jun 4 2006, 05:51 PM) [snapback]1256032[/snapback]</div>
For your first question ( I have no idea why I answered out of order) I myself use truespace from www.caligari.com In your rendering option, you have the choice of using either wireframe, or hidden line. I'm sure you would have similar options in whichever program you choose to work in. I haven't seen the movie in years, so I don't know exactly what he looked like throught the film. But I think you could probably get away with a 2 pass hidden line render from what I've seen in google images (one for the green lines, and one for the teal), and then composite and color correct them in after effects or something.

If you need anymore help, feel free to ask. :)
[/b]

Thanks very much sir- I will give that a try. I use Anim8or but have a demo version of Caligari and will give that a try- Very cool indeed.

OmegaRanger- Thanks man- Found a great Romulan-

Doc

Just a follow up- Inspired by BluFives Nomad post and prodded by a few folks not wishing to share their preexisting meshes,
------------------------------------"I AM NOMAD"---------------------------------

Nomad.jpg

This is the in-game animated model (i.e. not rendered for image)- This is how it will look flying about and laying mines/blasting the Enterprise- Will actually start an off-topic post once the game is actually underway (remake of the Sega Strategic Operations Simulator with a raster pure-TOS feel)

Doc

P.S. Thanks WackyChimp for hosting.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back