Help finding a coffee mug style

Wes R

Legendary Member
img183.jpg

It doesn't have to be exact but I'd like it to be close. I found some with handles i like but the lower halves aren't right so i couldn't put the bands around them. I swear i've seen mugs like this someplace. I figured maybe you guys would have better luck. Here's what i found on amazon and they're pretty good except for them being clear. If all else fails i'll go with these. After that finding a way to put the emblem on it and making it heat resistant might not be bad. Amazon.com: Bormioli Rocco Verdi Espresso Cup With Stainless Steel Handle, Set of 4, Gift Boxed: Kitchen & Dining

Not that I know of other than maybe in a cutscene someplace. It's out of a "diary" that was a freebie with Halo Reach. I figure if i can find something at least the right shape at the bottom I'd be okay as i can fudge it a bit.

The cup at Amazon is way too much out of shape I think. Perhaps I can suggest that you buy a common glass (seems like a very common design), and make the handle out of twisted wire yourself ?

Or you can get an ordinary glass in the shape you want as in the drawing, AND the Amazon glass, and transplant the wire :)

Yeah I'm thinking of doing that. I'm going to hit some dollar stores next week, they always have odd glassware so with some luck maybe i can find something i can use and save on the shipping. I feel less sorry about breaking things when i bought them for a buck lol.

It looks alot like a travel mug...without a lid of course. Obviously the handles different, but the shape (minus the metal band) is fairly spot on.

The bottom element and the handle (one piece?) appear to be steel. The upper
cup area appears ceramic or thermoplastic, maybe even glass. The handle reminds
me of the kind of glass you always get served in europe when you have Cafe Late.

If i could find that alien mug in black it would work great. I could remove the handles and put on the wire handle and ring. Yeah stackable mugs will be the best bet. Those plastic ones shown in the Nostromo mug thread would be great if they came in black. I want these to be functional and plastic for safety.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back