Help- Displaying BS Helmets

mitaccio

I've now acquired 5 BS helmets (Vader, Fett, Luke, Poe, and ST). I also have several Bandai models including the Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon. I am trying to find a financially viable option that has a glass door that will fit, especially Vader. So many people use Ikea Detolf of Besta but they are shallow. How is everyone displaying these helmets?

The Detolf will comfortably fit all of the Black Series helmets, except as you say, the Vader with the dome on. I decided to go with an exploded view for my Vader, which does show off the details really well, granted it’s not for all tastes. Everything in these Detolfs bar the Biker Scout are black series helmets.

Attachments

• 5693EC92-63BD-4448-AC87-9BF4EF515CBD.jpeg
    5693EC92-63BD-4448-AC87-9BF4EF515CBD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,233
  • AC84A9FB-812D-435C-9F86-411C40D547F7.jpeg
    AC84A9FB-812D-435C-9F86-411C40D547F7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 5,202
The problem with helmets is that they take up so much space. If you have unlimited collection space, you can set them on stands in shelves.

The IKEA cases are great and some day when I redo my collection room, I will most like have a few of those for my collectibles and I might put helmets such as eFx and master replicas that come with display stands In them.

However to problem is that as time goes by, my collection grows and so do the number of of other helmets like BS or fan made helmets. My display solution has been using a grid wall.

44179C27-DF4F-4AD9-AB57-ADBD79C4AB75.jpeg

Above are two 1’x4’ grid wall pieces that are lined up to be 8’ long. In the photo I have 11 helmets and a small display shelf. Since the time this photo Was taken, the shelf has been removed and a 12th helmet added.

This display solution has been great for me for many reasons.
1. I installed it high on the wall which is collection space that was not being utilized leaving more space fore other types of collectibles.
2. I bought the wall and 12 helmet fixtures Along with a couple shelf fixtures. I probably only had about 5 or 6 helmets to begin with so I simply arranged the helmets with more space in between . As I acquired more helmets, I simply moved and added the fixtures.
3. The fixtures are cheaper than buying a stand every time you get a new helmet.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back