Help:Battlestar Galactica Original Series Leg Computer

Tambo Fett

I am looking to find out as much information as I can about the Original Battlestar Galactica Viper pilot Leg computers. What did they use? What Mods were made and does anyone have one? If you have one can you please post pics. Thanks.

The base is a pilot's clipboard. I have one for my TIE pilot costume, and it says "Type MXU-163" (along with some other stuff) on the clip part. I won't swear that it's the exact same type, but they look similar.

No idea about what the keypad-looking things on top are.

I think there were two Sharp pocket computers attached to the clipboard, but I may be wrong. Check with Chris Pappas, he would definitely know.

I think he still maintains www.kobol.com

Check over on ASAP as this has been covered there.

Sharp calculators the model # escapes me.

I think Chris is still doing these if you are in the market

Check over on ASAP as this has been covered there.

Sharp calculators the model # escapes me.

I think Chris is still doing these if you are in the market

Agreed, there is a thread over on ASAP about it, and someone offering Resin casts of the calculators (boththe long ones used in the series and the shorter thicker ones use in pre-production photos)

Thank you Otter. This is the kind of info I'm looking for. Anyone have info on the key pads?

You want to use two(2) Sharp Elsimate EL-5804 circa 1977 but any Sharp ruler calculator the same size will do.

An excellant picture of the prop can be found on the following site:
http://www.byyourcommand.net

012w.jpg

spcglider@aol.com vbmenu_register("postmenu_654576", true); Is the man with the resin casts of the calculators. I picked up a set of each (long ones for the screen used ones and shorter ones for the pre-pro ones)

What I need now (besides the leg boards which I am ready to order) is the Tray that the calculators sit in.

Any ideas about that?

I believe the tray was a separate vacuformed piece. If you PM Gordon (spcglider) he can probably hook you up with everything you need or, at least point you in the right direction.

spcglider@aol.com vbmenu_register("postmenu_654576", true); Is the man with the resin casts of the calculators. I picked up a set of each (long ones for the screen used ones and shorter ones for the pre-pro ones)

What I need now (besides the leg boards which I am ready to order) is the Tray that the calculators sit in.

Any ideas about that?

here is mine , look for sharp on ebay .'it took me a couple months but i got them cheap. :lolthe legboard is Viel nem issue
john :cool
ertetwetyew.jpg

Last edited:
here is mine , look for sharp on ebay .'it took me a couple months but i got them cheap. :lolthe legboard is Viel nem issue
john :cool
ertetwetyew.jpg
That looks great, even without the Vac formed Tray.

I may end up going for it that way. I already have the calculators, they are resin casts though. just have to paint them up.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back