Help- Back the Future Doc's Amplifier

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Tenaciousbt

Hello all. I'm attempting to replicate the control panel on Doc's Amplifier. I've identified several of the components. Some are easy to find but pricey. Others are difficult to find. I was hoping, some of you would be willing to help me with my search. I'm sharing pics and descriptions of what I know and am looking for.

This first one is made by general electric. Type 157. Very hard to find.

This one is made by Simpson. It's segmental because it goes form 100-130. I've seen these but I was too late to buy it.

This last one. I'm looking at the bottom panel. It has a bunch of individual circuit breakers on it. Any ideas?

Attachments

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

dstone

Looks somewhat similar to the breaker panels on my old weather radar. Looks like it has "Klystron" or something similar printed above one of the breakers (my old radar used a Klystron before we upgraded to one with a magnetron). Definitely from some sort of tube-based transmitter like a radar, microwave TX or even some sort of low-power UHF.

Tenaciousbt

Bump, come on guys I need some more help. Especially with this power supply/amplifier, or whatever it is with these breaker switches. It says things like, "autotransformer" "PA Plate" "Klystron HV" "LV Plate" "LV filiment" "HV filiment". It says that above the breaker switches and has a Variac dial on it too. Any ideas?

Mechanized

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I believe there was someone on a FB BTTF group page that did a 1:1 scale build of the amp.

They may be a member here too, just have to do some digging.

ElectroDFW

From my understanding, the "Driver Adjust" panel aren't breakers, just switches. Similar to wall light switches, but different form factor. I could be wrong, obviously.

McFlyDallas

KirklandGuitar

Hello all, new here. I’m also trying to identify some of the parts used to create the Doc Brown amp - specifically, I’m trying to identify the three, large, top dial plates. Would anyone be so kind as to assist? Many thanks!!