Help A Newbie! :]

Ori Ramikad

Hello Fellows. :cry: well, i'm looking at starting my pred costume soon, my first purchase will be a Bio of some kind, a nice plain base one for me to customise myself.
i'd like to have a Face under the bio, I.E. awesome predator face, not a hole with a funny-looking person inside.
so a full face mask definitely. i was considering picking one of These up

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Predator-Mask-Latex-...=item27aebf96e5

would most Bios fit on top of that well? i just need something basic like a P1 Bio to fit it.

onto some Paint questions, i need help with that as while i'm a good Painter i'm a total novice to Latex. i've browsed the forums for a while now, but there's a lot of info on painting it to read through, and not too much of it is clear on what i can get over Here. so it'd be really handy to get a plain, straight-up list of what i'd need to make my mask Purty.

i don't have an Airbrush, but i plan on borrowing a mate who owes me's nice pricey one. hopefully it won't die, as i'd rather not spend £200 on replacing the damn thing for him.

Paintswise, from what i'm hearing its simply mixing Acrylic paint with water and a special Agent, over here in the uk what should i get for the Agent?
for the final sealing and shinying it up, most threads are saying Perma-Wet, but we don't have that over here as far as i can tell. what equivalent can i get? and how do i then use that. water it down, spray it on through airbrush?

thanks for any help i can get :) and if there's too much of this that seem like dumb questions, mucho apologies. i did look for answers as much as i could, and used the search function a ton. until i noticed it wasnt very Good. but yeah, i did put a pretty serious effort into finding all this out on me lonesome.

There is a post here in the huntorial about how to paint a raw Bio,

how to paint a raw bio

That I've seen so far as long as you get a closed jaw pred mask your bio should fit over the under mask just fine though some sculpted under masks seem to work fine with the P1 style bio without any trouble. You'll have to just try it for yourself and find out. I molded my bio personally and I don't currently have an undermask. I hope this helps you some.

Get a full face pred mask from Lee aka Usurper.... can't recommend him enough

For a Bio i recommend Mysteria... they can take a little while to arrive (mine was few weeks) but for the price and quality there more then ideal for a base!

For painting my pred mask i used a mixture of acrylic paint and Liquitex Medium Gloss & Varnish, and then thined with water till like milk...

http://www.liquitex.com/Products/fluidmedglossmedvar.cfm

It allows the mask to bend without the paint cracking! its almost like a flexible PVA

thanks, that helps a lot! aye, i was looking at Mysteria for the P1 Bio, looks like a great base. not too pricey either, nice starting point for some mods.
though i was also looking at ScifiDemon's bio on ebay, looks nice and solid. i guess either'd work for me :cry:
in terms of the mask, i think i've decided to get a basic undermask, as i'd have the Bio on all the time anyway. saves money. and then i can upgrade to a nicer full-face one later on

Don't spend too much on the mask...

I picked up mine for £120 with postage and it was awesome... wouldn't get the one you've linked too looks odd..

teeth don't look right, eye sockets HUGE, very narrow/thin looking... looks kinda ill lol!

is there anywhere i can take a looksee at Usurper's stuff he can do? i've heard a lot of good things, and he seems really great, but i havent actually seen too much of his work, especially not Unpainted. i've never been one for ordering stuff through PM's and the like, always preferred a nice plain Evilbay Auction or Website, hehe. i'm happy to order from him though if i can see some of his Closed-Mouth masks.

Aye, i've done a bit more research on your work now and it looks great :D once i've got me Bio done, and i have some spare Fundage, plus learnt a bit more about painting latex, i shall verily hit you up for my Prettytor mask. thanks for all the help :D

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back