Help! 3D printing

TanskiTannero

I am currently new to the modeling world but I want to move to helmets. I have a PRUSA I3 MK3S and I need help on sizing my head and sizing the model for printing. The only slicer software I use is Prusa Slicer. But I would love recommendations and general help. Please and thank you. :)

Using your 3D software of choice, generate a dummy head object with your dimensions and size the helmet model off that.

TinkerCAD is an easy to learn online, simple 3D modeller. You can import 25 MB STL and OBJ files. With your “dummy head object” as Kokanee suggested you can make the helmet transparent and view the interaction to see if the helmet will fit and if there are any problems putting it on.

TazMan2000

TinkerCAD is an easy to learn online, simple 3D modeller. You can import 25 MB STL and OBJ files. With your “dummy head object” as Kokanee suggested you can make the helmet transparent and view the interaction to see if the helmet will fit and if there are any problems putting it on.

TazMan2000

I will look into it, I have made a lower face mask but i just guessed the size and it ended up fitting

I will look into it, I have made a lower face mask but i just guessed the size and it ended up fitting

Most times the helmets you download free or pay for are sized for normal people or are the dimensions of the filming ones, but not always.
Considering it might take 24-48 hours or more to print a sizable piece, you don't want to waste time or materials on the wrong size.

TazMan2000

Most times the helmets you download free or pay for are sized for normal people or are the dimensions of the filming ones, but not always.
Considering it might take 24-48 hours or more to print a sizable piece, you don't want to waste time or materials on the wrong size.

TazMan2000

Yeah I didn't mention that I printed one the wrong size first try

I recommend printing a thin slice of helmet to double check the scaling, before printing the full thing. Also don't forget about the space needed for foam padding and airflow (for both comfort and breathing).

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back