Helmet that opens to reveal face that ISNT IRON MAN!

Harry Pepper

Hi All
Ive been wanting to make a full head helmet that will open up in sections to show the face, however the only things I can find online are ALL iron man helmets. As clearly awesome as they are I also can't help but think it doesn't work very well in terms of your vision being obstructed by the faceplate quite a lot and lights behind the eyes not helping visibility either. So I thought it begs the question what else could you do? So I am on a quest to make a sic-fi style helmet that meets the following requirments
• Full head helmet
• Moves out of the way to reveal face (with no obstruction)
• Be comfortable with maximum viewing angle when open or closed
I have been looking at different ways to open/close the front but its pretty challenging, I will update with some imagery asap but if anyone has any ideas on how it work id be very appreciative! Iron man cannot be the only dude with a face reveal helmet! lets make it happen!
Thanks Harry

I'm not sure if this will work, but you may want to look into some MGS Gray Fox builds. There is one that comes to mind with a three part face plate that may be more to your liking. To be honest tough, some more information as to what the build in question is would be very helpful. It may even be the case that you could do something in the vein of an ODST helmet, where the visor becomes "transparent" by lighting the wearers face if space/structure is an isssue. Good Luck, cant wait to see what you come up with!

Hey RNC, the MGS gray fox builds look great much more in line with what I was thinking especially the 3 panel part, good shout! will puts some research images up asap
Thanks!

How about a Star Wars helmet? If a system can be made for an Iron Man helmet,I'm sure it can be done for a Bobafet helmet for example.
JfCustom's foam thread page 1 has a lot of helmets you can choose from (merci,JF!)

Hey George
Bobafet motion helmet would be epic! The only thing is and I'm not sure if this is a faux par for this site but I was thinking of making the design original or at least part of an existing universe? but I love the idea and id love to see a moving bobafet helmet
Cheers dude

If your going for something Star Wars related, potentially you could come up with your own variation of a bounty hunter. I immediately thought of the Unidentified Masked Bounty Hunter from the Legacy comics. (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_masked_bounty_hunter). alternatively, though, there is no problem building something of your own design. Hell, it would be great to see something totally new and fresh for a change... Best of luck.

Rnc

Hey George
Bobafet motion helmet would be epic! The only thing is and I'm not sure if this is a faux par for this site but I was thinking of making the design original or at least part of an existing universe? but I love the idea and id love to see a moving bobafet helmet
Cheers dude

If your going for something Star Wars related, potentially you could come up with your own variation of a bounty hunter. I immediately thought of the Unidentified Masked Bounty Hunter from the Legacy comics. (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_masked_bounty_hunter). alternatively, though, there is no problem building something of your own design. Hell, it would be great to see something totally new and fresh for a change... Best of luck.

Rnc

If the structure of your desired mask is similar to the type of helmet being used in the tutorial I have in mind,you could try 7sinzz's electronic faceplate tutorial,or check the website by XRobots.co.uk.

Heres a low res image of my initial design! tested it in foam board and it work in principle, will add some more imagery asap
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Untitled-3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah the x-robots dude is ridiculously good, but also has some epic resources like 3-D printer and such of which I have none. Damn.

Heres a high res of my design

Untitled-3.jpg

My friend Nik is helping with this too and has started his own build which is looking pretty sweet! he's amazing it this sort of thing heres some pics of where he's at to!IMAG1120.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back