HonorableWhat

Jr Member
I plan on building my hellboy costume. not skipping anything so i thought id make this thread for people to post info on all the little things. such as where you can find(or get incredibly close) to Prof. Brooms necklace(which i still cant seem to find) or say the locators, maybe the back patch upon hellboy's coat, or the reliquim hellboy gives to abe, or maybe a coat that matches his just right or very closely, heck even down to a good leather tassle to use for the bottom of a replica samaritan. basically all the small (or large) details one might miss.
SO! if you got info, share it, if you got pics of things youve done post it, if you got links to a good replica for mass sale feel free, if you know a good materia or method to make the horn stubs bring it, no lil detail will be laughed at. im all ears haha
il probs be doing a mash of all the hellboys from the first 2 to the new one coming soon. just depends so share and share all over the place, this is not a thread dedicated to a singular movie/comic.

It's great to see more people working on Hellboy costumes and props. There's a nice 3D printed kit for the Saint Dionysius reliquary. I've got one and can vouch for the quality.
Hellboy, Saint Dionysius Reliquary DIY kit

Professor Bruttenholm's rosary is hard to find. I've found a few companies that sell tons of different beads, crucifix, center pieces etc and I'm going to look through all of them this weekend to see if any match.

I'll share anything else I find.

It's great to see more people working on Hellboy costumes and props. There's a nice 3D printed kit for the Saint Dionysius reliquary. I've got one and can vouch for the quality.

Professor Bruttenholm's rosary is hard to find. I've found a few companies that sell tons of different beads, crucifix, center pieces etc and I'm going to look through all of them this weekend to see if any match.

Thank you ouo ive wanted to create one since i was young and saw the film for the first time and also the hellboy comics being one of my favorites along side gambit’s series doesnt hurt either. Now 21 i hope to make a good one with a job that allows me to splurge cash slightly.

the reliquary kit is amazing, im very happy i got it. I have plans to fill it with liquid like in the film and somehow wire in a dimmed led to give it the slight bluish green glow it seemed to have in the film. I just need to figure out how to water proof the led components and also hide them as to not hinder the prop. If i cant, il still be very happy with it ouo

Right now the components i have are the reliquary, full sized samaritan, the locator (which i hope to use my metal work certifications to make a metal version) i have plans to make the tracker bullet as well as hellboys homemade concoction bullet, and ive also got a silicone mask for hellboy that will be quite nice to save time on makeup and also display.

Sadly coming into this late as when i first watched the film i was young and didnt have the funding to make a accurate costume and i missed out on a lot of the hellboy prop makers that used to be so prevalent here. A sad thing as i missed out on some amazing replicas such as the corpse locator ive seen pictures of.

Currently, Im having trouble finding the pants, rosary,a good replica duster, and while i did get a belt and holster hellboy prop, it is very far off from a replica having barely noticable us and brpd insignia imprints also made of pu ot feels..... wrong. I hope to be able to find someone who works with leather that could duplicate the film one for me someday more accurately that what i currently bought from ebay.
So hey if youfind any of these things, or know of a maker id love the knowledge ^-^

Last edited:
S

Sorry for the long reply..... im rather excited haha

does anybody know what material and processes were used top make the right arm of doom from hellboy (2004) and (2008). I'm currently working on a project to replicate a prop. plz respond to this, I am stressing at the moment.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back