Hellboy cosplay build 3:)

Grimmreaper

Hello everyone,
This is my first post on the RPF and my first update of my Hellboy cosplay build. Started the build this week and I dissected this cosplay into various parts.
Parts:
Head (mask and neck)
Body (foam body)
Hand of Doom (big chunky hand)
Clothing (Trench coat, pants, boots)
Accessories (Tail, Belt, Good Samaritan, rosary beeds etc..)

I'm going to be focusing on the comic book look of Hellboy and to start it off here is a couple images of my mask so far.

1564850060661.png

1564850084014.png

I started off with researching images, I noticed the awesomely huge jaw and i wanted to try replicate it. Using a plaster cast of my head I started sculpting with cardboard paper clay as i have experience with this material and feel confident using it. Once i had the basic head shape down i then sculpted the nose with milliput, then focusing on the jaw i began making a protruding divide between the mouth and the rest of the face, the downside of cardboard paper clay is that it takes a day or two to dry so this drags out the build. Once that had dried i then smoothed everything over. Next thing to do is to add the horn stumps, the eyes (Yellow mesh material), the hair and of course smoothing everything out with filler.
IMG_3808.jpeg
IMG_3809.jpeg
IMG_3810.jpeg
IMG_3811.jpeg
IMG_3812.jpeg
IMG_3813.jpeg

Feedback would be Greatly Appreciated

It's looking great so far!

I assume you'll be pinching the nostrils closer and reshaping the nose?

As they are now, they look too wide and unnatural.

Great start though and interesting use of material, don't see that used too often on here.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back