Love the Order of the Fly ring. Wanted to do one of those myself and have been trying to work out where I can get a big enough fly!
20210331_185049.jpg

I started on an Order of the Fly ring of my own (over 10 years ago) and I found these - can't remember where I found them, but I sourced them online. I have a whole bag of 'em around here somewhere. It's approximately 1 3/8" long and it's a translucent smoked soft plastic. The plan was definitely to give it a paintjob and I was also contemplating replacing the legs with wire of a slightly smaller diameter.

I bought a few different sizes of Plastruct acrylic hemispheres and settled on the 2 inch diameter, based on the size of the fly.

OOTF_01.jpg

I had to sand off the ejector pin at the very top and I just went over the whole thing - the plan was to wet sand up to 800 - 1000 grit and then airbrush it with transparent orange Tamiya acrylic, which would bring back the shine.

I made the bezel out of Ren Shape - I made the hole a tiny bit bigger and then did a "Bondo squish" so that the inside would fit the contour of the acrylic hemisphere exactly.

OOTF_02.jpg

OOTF_03.jpg

I started on the band portion of the ring but I wasn't convinced that I was heading in the right direction with it. Plus, I had started all of this right before I ended up moving to another state, so needless to say it got put on hold... and then I never got back to it (which is a pretty common thing with me).

OOTF_04.jpg

I plan on making the box full of evils key and then maybe the tongs.
I picked up the Skelton Crew St. Dunstan's key...

SDB_01.jpg

Been thinking about enlarging the keyhole so that the key would fit, but I'm not sure if it would be worth it.

SDB_02.jpg

I also picked up a couple different old blacksmith's tongs on eBay back in the day - they weren't exactly the same, but they were kinda' close. I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to fabricate a pair from scratch. One more thing to go on the list :lol:

Cheers mate, yeah i started with air dry clay, but because i take ages, it was drying before i even got started, so switched to polymer clay which gives me time to work it.
Got any photos of your work?
Forgive the bad photography lol. I have just been looking through the comics and picking bits to try and replicate. The relic finger bone came from the awesome tiptopworkshop guys.

Attachments

• 20210401_075615.jpg
    20210401_075615.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 85
Thanks! Hope this pic helps. Some bits on there are just Dark Horse stuff I have collected as well.
The detonator and hand of glory and other things around the room are powered from an alexa controlled USB hub that I made so I can come in and ask her to turn on all my props!
The hand has flickering leds.
I plan on making the box full of evils key and then maybe the tongs. I have a huge list of HB/BPRD things still to make!View attachment 1442404
that is fantastic

Forgive the bad photography lol. I have just been looking through the comics and picking bits to try and replicate. The relic finger bone came from the awesome tiptopworkshop guys.
Yeah those guys are cool, i painted the saint dionysius pinky for them and they put it on their site and gave me a shout out which was cool

Takes me weeks sometimes to find the right colours, what gold paint are you using? Managed to find one i thought looked realistic enough but never found it again because i bought it years ago

Takes me weeks sometimes to find the right colours, what gold paint are you using? Managed to find one i thought looked realistic enough but never found it again because i bought it years ago
I use a mix of things whatever I can find really mate. I've even tried rub and buff but it ripped my undercoat off instead of buffing lol. My current fav is a rustolium gold that I use for everything.

I use a mix of things whatever I can find really mate. I've even tried rub and buff but it ripped my undercoat off instead of buffing lol. My current fav is a rustolium gold that I use for everything.
Cheers mate, yeah I've had bad experience with rub and buff, used it for a GOTG orb. No matter how little i put on, how long i buffed it,and no matter how many blisters it put on my fingers, it wouldn't dry lol Then realised it doesn't like too smooth a surface, im guessing because I've had good results on less shiny surfaces.

Cheers mate, yeah I've had bad experience with rub and buff, used it for a GOTG orb. No matter how little i put on, how long i buffed it,and no matter how many blisters it put on my fingers, it wouldn't dry lol Then realised it doesn't like too smooth a surface, im guessing because I've had good results on less shiny surfaces.
I'm trying to figure out how to make a sealing wax stamp so I can do the osiris letter to hellboy but polymer clay doesn't like me. It won't let my dremmel go to work lol.

I actually made a few stamps for some harry potter letters i was making for a freind
I found a photo of the seal i wanted, traced it then layed the paper over the polymer clay, then used a fine pin to dot the outline through the paper into the clay, not too far through otherwise it makes it weaker, just enough to mark the clay, then i took the paper off, used a sculpting tool to link up the holes (like a dot to dot drawing) then baked it. Turned out pretty well and lasted about 20 stamps before it broke.

So thanks to the fact that covid has killed my industry I'm making stuff from Hellboy. It's something to do lol. I'm doing one a day. I spot something in the books and then try with varying degrees of success to make it. Great fun but the challenge I've set myself is one a day and only materials I've got too hand.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210413-094129_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210413-094129_Gallery.jpg
    568.2 KB · Views: 90
So thanks to the fact that covid has killed my industry I'm making stuff from Hellboy. It's something to do lol. I'm doing one a day. I spot something in the books and then try with varying degrees of success to make it. Great fun but the challenge I've set myself is one a day and only materials I've got too hand.
Very nice work, Love the Zinco matchstick box.

Very cool mate, yeah i just flick through the comics and soon as i see a talisman, amulet or whatever cool object it might be.. Im all over it

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back