Helagaks Iron man Mark 42 ALL FILES RELEASED!!

I'm planning on doing the boot and glove version of Tony from ironman 3 for this Hallowe'en out of foam and I would just like to say, thank you very much for the foam pep files. It's really wonderful of you guys to supply such valuable resources for everyone.
I'm sorry if I also missed it. It's a very long thread and I am newer to pepakura as well. So forgive me if this is a very obvious answer. But I was Aldo curious about jeepychan's question of initial size. I am quite small, so I imagine I will gave to size things down quite a bit.

In the first few textlines it says:
I know there are other fine mark 42 projects on this board. (Im looking at you jackiesrockin and neuer22! =D ) but my first files were just sitting there staring at me, MOCKING me, saying "you can do better!!"
also, i wanted to make a more accurate mk42 that was 3d printable for this years halloween. so i figured i would make the new files paper and foam pep friendly while i was at it.
PAPER and FOAM. I cannot find any paper files.

yeah, I never got around to converting them for paper. IT was more intensive than i expected. sorry. My advice would be do the cardboard method if you want my files hardened.
It involves using foam files on cardboard then hardening like you would paper pep. SEALTH has done some amazing things with it. so have some other people. but i dont know their names off hand.

yeah, I never got around to converting them for paper. IT was more intensive than i expected. sorry. My advice would be do the cardboard method if you want my files hardened.
It involves using foam files on cardboard then hardening like you would paper pep. SEALTH has done some amazing things with it. so have some other people. but i dont know their names off hand.

I found an alternative way. I am using sintra and fibreglass. Really good way to do it. Hopefully the bondo stage will also be more easy this way!

Is there a file for the hand/glove pieces?
It's very hard to sort through the thread to see and on searching the thread for keywords I didn't come up with any leads. Could someone help me out if they know whether there is or not?

If i could give you some advice. Buy them from a member who sells them as cast or 3D printed.
They arent that expensive and you will never be able to make them as nice using pepakura.

These are mine:
glove 3.JPG

Is there a file for the hand/glove pieces?
It's very hard to sort through the thread to see and on searching the thread for keywords I didn't come up with any leads. Could someone help me out if they know whether there is or not?

Any tips on scaling the bicep and shoulder? And wich file is best?
I scaled the helegak bicep the same as my abs and chest but it seem to small.
I first tried the complete arm file but that not really nicely symetrical. So i first made the forearm unfolded by gaitron! Perfect!

Now i need a nice bicep and shoulder. Any tips??

Hi,
I have been doing with the cardboard work and stuff, but I have no skills to finish this awesome mark 42 up. I want to make one for my own. How can I get a 3d print file of the armour? I think that would do a better job than me folding, cutting and stuff. Do I have to convert the pdo files to stl and how could I do that? I saw Helagak's work on the 3d printing in this thread and it is so cool:angel. Please help me out.

Where could I get the file? Is it in this thread somewhere??

Thank you
PooMmm

Last edited:
Hi all
I have read the whole 36 pages of this topic and I can't find a link to the non flatted cad files. Is there one and I've missed it or do I need to ask Helagak very nicely for them?

Thanks

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back