Height??

Nismo300ZX

I was just curious to see how tall most people are on here because a lot of the suits i see on here look like theyre built for shorter people...no offense ha. i'm 6'5" without the suit btw. anyone on here kevin peter hall-ish? haha

The majority of us around here aren't really tall, being more normal height. We have to use the large Predator heads and platforming our feet to obtain a decent height. I'm about 6' even, but with my Predator costume on I'm 6'8".

I'm 5'6" in my stocking feet....

Sneakers inside my pred feet adds 2-1/2"

The mask adds 3-1/2"

So total is about 6' :lol:

---
Ei'luj

6'2 in bare feet

last time i suited up i was 6'10, not sure what ill be with new P1 head, could be a inch shorter due to redesign.

If I can interject a question here, what's the concensus on the use of lifts? I'm 5'8" barefoot; I believe there will be some room in the feet for lifts, possibly, depending on the type. (I don't have my feet yet, so I'm not entirely sure). What I don't want to do is put in massive lifts that show on the bottom of the feet. My personal opinion (right now) is that I would rather have a shorter Predator than have visible lifts. Any opinions on whether it would be better to get the height and the expense of showing the lifts?

Charlie

i'm 5-11 in bare feet 6-6 in suit,not to bad it's just typical we all had to become fans of a creature which is 7+ as most of us wouldn't reach the same lofty heights :lol: although a friend of mine is interested in getting a predator suit and he's 6-10 bare feet! and he has a slender build! jammy git

If I can interject a question here, what's the concensus on the use of lifts? I'm 5'8" barefoot; I believe there will be some room in the feet for lifts, possibly, depending on the type. (I don't have my feet yet, so I'm not entirely sure). What I don't want to do is put in massive lifts that show on the bottom of the feet. My personal opinion (right now) is that I would rather have a shorter Predator than have visible lifts. Any opinions on whether it would be better to get the height and the expense of showing the lifts?

Charlie

I agree with that, I would rather be shorted than have lifts visible, I think they ruin the look of the suit a bit, not that too many people would be paying attention to the your feet, but being short I wanted to get as much added height as possible, so I sculpted my own feet using the 2" heeled boots and 5" platform lifts as an armature so it just looks like I have about an inch of sandal sole when I am actually getting about 7" of height from the lifts
DSC01236.jpg.gif

DSC01236.jpg.gif

6'2"-6'3" but i don't have a suit yet... :p trust me though, im about to start executing my plans, im gonna probably need a lot of help guys, you got me?

I'm 6ft 6 bare footed. My suit which will be sent over next week is the Wolf and I was told I'll easily pass the 7ft mark which will be great

Charlie

Personally Predators that look like Frankenstein look woeful, id prefer to see a shorter pred, rather than a pred wearing platforms. :p

Just my .02 cents....

I am 6'3" barefooted and I push about 6'10 in full costume.

I know there are some folks that really want to push that envelope of 7'. Now, I don't want anyone taking offense to this, but.... trying to get from 5'8" to 7' really isn't realistic unless you put some serious lifts under your feet.

It's true most people don't look at your feet much. However, when they do look down and see a 5-6" block of wood or foam under your feet, in my opinion, that takes something away from all the hard work you've put into your suit.

It's ok not to be seven foot. Trust me - what your wearing is enough to keep them in awe......

E-O

im 6'3 and my suit nearly puts me at 7ft and thats with no lifts on the feet XD
and i agree with elder-one. if your suit looks the s**t (which all suits on here do) then no one will care about your height they will love you. just be cautious of glomping fans. i know XD

I'm 6'4" in bare feet, but have no costume! If I did i would try and get feet that had lifts on the inside. I understand that predators always look better when taller, but I am with what seems to be the majority in that shorter is better than the 70's disco platform look. It draws attention to the height rather than helping it, if they weren't there I reckon a shorter pred would look more authentic than a platformed one. Just my opinion of course :p

Honestly, I would do without the lifts. I'd rather the quality of the suit speak rather than how tall the person is wearing it. As of late I've seen some awesome suits cartooned by frankenhooker lift boots. Yeah, that seems harsh, but I wouldnt ******** any one of you. Sorry, but lifts look silly. You want to be a tall Predator? Well then, if you weren't born Kevin Peter Hall, then you should be over 7 ft without costuming.

From what I've seen over the years is that no one cares how tall you are in a suit. They see the Predator and go ape **** regardless. Bust out with a quality suit and no ones gonna even notice you're too short. And if they do tell them to **** off.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back