Height Boost?

DSessom

Hello all!

I am new here, and just getting started in the world of building Predator costumes. I've been wanting to do it for years, but finally have the time and money. I'm not looking to do a cheap costume, like many I see posting here. My focus is going to be quality! I want it to be as life-like as possible.

I think my main problem is my height! I'm 5'7" and I do want to find a way to boost my height in the costume. So, does anyone have any good ideas for this that won't LOOK like I deliberately added height?

Many of the shorter guys add a platform onto the base of the foot, although this can look a little silly if its too noticeable.
You could also build a platform into the foot itself, so that it's hidden. However in that case the foot itself may look abnormally large.
Take into account too that the head will boost your height a little.

Maybe I should just let someone who has had this problem fill you in   .

~Evan.

i would go for a little lift not to noticable and dont worry too much about the height as p2 showed us different predators with different heights! too much lift and you will walk funny!! good luck dude.

tony

As said above lifts inside or outside the shoes can help add a few inches. Also remember that if you have a foamed head it should add an inch or two to the top of your bonce. So you should be able to push the best part of 6' easily.

i have platform boots inside my feet.omly a 4 inch lift added.same prob only 5 7 .If you add to much it just will be noticeable

look at my thread i am currently doing a foot with 9 inch lifts and added soles . i am 5.11 and with my mask  on i am 7.2 it is a larger foot but with the added suit it will look fine . look under complete and wip ( building the artic predator )

Thanks for all the replies! I was trying to post a "Thank you" but couldn't yesterday. The Priest - 7'2"? Wow! That's gotta be an intimidating Predator! :D

Be careful of frankenfoot pred, not much ruins the look of a suit more than looking down and seeing huge things under the feet. As has been mentioned a good suit where you can move well will look better than you teetering around or walking like you have the pred *****.

I went with platform trainers inside my feet which add just over 2 inches, I recently got heel lifts also which add another 2 inches and they do not change the outer look of the foot not make you walk much different, and are pretty comfy.
And as the guys have said most pred heads will give you a good few inches of height on top of your head, you can easily be in the mid to high 6ft range without frankenfoot.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back