Heavy Duty Helmet: Sandtrooper

One other thought I had - the stuff (Kwik-kast) is listed on the spec page as being a polyurethane product. What about a clear polyurethane floor sealant? I imagine it would require more coats, as I'm guessing it's thinner than the casting material, but is that a possibility do you think, or is it a totally different type of product?

I did some more work to this helmet today. I think I can safely say that it's finally finished! Hooray!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Fantastic work, I'll be sure to reference this when I build a bucket of my own. I very much like that interior. My AM helmet is a bit too frankensteinish for me and is due for a replacement.

It's a really inspiring build up, and a great tutorial. Beautifully executed too. I also think your neo magnet trick is genious, I've got a box of them sitting around and never thought to use then as clamps!

An awsome bucket and an awesome build. Surely it will stand the test of time and endure anything you'll throw at it....quite literally ;) Paintjob is top notch!!

Tk4702, could you point me in the direction of where I could pick up a ROTS clone trooper bucket? I've been looking around the 501st and clone troopers.net but haven't had much luck. Any help would be appreciated

Im kinda of bumping this thread from the past but. I really enjoyed the result and was thinking of doing this, all the pictures
are gone doh. And the flickr site to. Can you redo a write up on this perhaps?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back