Head sculpt

Kelz

I didn't really have anything specific in mind when I started this but so far I like how it is turning out.
DSC04166.jpg

DSC04163.jpg

DSC04164.jpg

I haven't decided if it will be an open or closed mouth yet.

It kinda reminds me of Pennywise from 'IT' at the moment with all the colours, lol

What do you all think??
Still got alot of work to do obviously

ooooooooooooh coolness, more clay slinging.

Not sure if its the pink or because a female member is sculpting it, ( maybe thats made me think this hehe ) but it looks like the start of a female head

Closed mouth masks are probably a better idea if you wish to wear, but if it is only for a bust, you could give him/her a real angry expression.

either way keep going and keep the pics coming. :)

all the pretty colors!!!!
always hard to tell in pics when using multiple colors, but, looks like all the proportions are pretty good. looks like you have the shape down pretty good.

It really looks like a female, but never mind. The shape seems to be good and the whole start is cool.

Looking forward for the next pics.

You have had some of the most candy-like sculptures.

This cake is coming along great...

The only thing I have to say is if your going to do it with latex, keep in mind the 5-10% shrinkages.

Isn't the technicolor a little hard to work with?

Thanks for the comments everyone

I didn't intend on it being a female head but if it turnes out that way it's kool with me, think there needs to be a few more female heads out there

The multi coloured clay is a bit hard to work with especially when trying to get the over all summetry right because your eyes tend to see the symmetry in the colour rather than the whole piece. And when you are poor you can't be too picky, I got it from a wholesaler and when they asked me if it matered what colour it was I thought that if it's a 10kg box it is probably all the same colour but apparently they gave me a sampler box that they send out to stores. And after a few more sculpts it will be moslty one colour from being all mushed up anyway.

Anyway some pictures
DSC04169.jpg

DSC04168.jpg

DSC04167.jpg

I'm not sure if I am happy with the position of the mandibles yet,I am trying to go for the crazy grin like this guy has going on http://lu-da-chris.deviantart.com/gallery/#/dki3zc

hey kelz,
here's some crti if you like, if not disregard.

if you are going for the look in the drawing, i would say close his lower jaw more. in yours his mouth is open too much.
also your eyebrows seem a tad too high on the lateral aspects.

either way , your sculpt is coming along very nicely. and stands alone quite well without any changes needed.

hey kelz,
here's some crti if you like, if not disregard.

if you are going for the look in the drawing, i would say close his lower jaw more. in yours his mouth is open too much.
also your eyebrows seem a tad too high on the lateral aspects.

either way , your sculpt is coming along very nicely. and stands alone quite well without any changes needed.

Thanks, I am more than happy to get critique, sometimes you get too close to the your projects and miss stuff like that.
I think I am definitely going to close the mouth a bit

Oki doki another quick update
I closed the jaw a bit as xdmray suggested and added some mock up teeth and tusks to get a better idea of how it was all going. I also did some more detailing and changed the ridges on the head to make them flow a bit better

DSC04171.jpg

DSC04170.jpg

DSC04172.jpg

DSC04175.jpg

Xdmray is right about the browline not matching the drawing; the outer points are just above level in the drawing. With that, I LOVE what you did with yours. Very much reminds me of the Joker's brow line, which is definitely crazy!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back