head foaming.

TuaCathach

Can someone do me a favour and take a picture of the inside of your mask. with foaming. I'm just looking to see someof the different ways it has been done.

thanks guys

right or wrong this is the way I do it
after the latex is dry we open the back of the mold cut a slit in the mask and put the sculpting bust back in to the mold USE MOLD RELASE on the bust
add 2 part foam I hope this helps
WebP9140014.jpg

WebP9140017.jpg

foamfillresize.jpg

WebP9140014.jpg

WebP9140017.jpg

foamfillresize.jpg

Wow Jay you don't know how long I have been waiting for something like this. I know you said to call you about it cause you said it was very simple, but damn I didn't know it was going to be that simple. Two questions though once you pour the foam in from the back of the head do you put the back of the mold back on, and the other question is where did you get your 2 part foam from. Oh and just one more question lol any kind of specific mold release? Thanks a bunch for posting this.

-Chris

People do do it outside the mould, i would be very carefull and only do a very small amount at a time, i've had many masks sent to me for repaire that resembled basketballs!
Another way to to it is to use sheet foam cut into small sqaures, or even those foam pads you get to do the dishes, with a brillo pad on, remove the pad and using upholstery spray glue or similar glue them in, i've done this many times and it works well,just take your time and be carefull.

I remember when I foam filled my DBP1 - that was a fun experience because you have to be sooo careful to keep the shape even and symetrical...with the head upside down of course!

Is this what you would use to foam the inside of a head. Could you use this to make dreads

FlexFoam-iT! V - Trial Size
5-lb. Flexible Polyurethane Foam. 1A:1B By Volume Mix Ratio -
No Scale Required
Net Weight : 2 Lbs.

People do do it outside the mould, i would be very carefull and only do a very small amount at a time, i've had many masks sent to me for repaire that resembled basketballs!
Another way to to it is to use sheet foam cut into small sqaures, or even those foam pads you get to do the dishes, with a brillo pad on, remove the pad and using upholstery spray glue or similar glue them in, i've done this many times and it works well,just take your time and be carefull.

I have a 6" gap behind my head and the back of my mask and about a 3" gap above my head to top of mask.... I think I am going to try this version... much less scary don't want to ruin my mask...

Is this what you would use to foam the inside of a head. Could you use this to make dreads

FlexFoam-iT! V - Trial Size
5-lb. Flexible Polyurethane Foam. 1A:1B By Volume Mix Ratio -
No Scale Required
Net Weight : 2 Lbs.

RJ, I wouldn't use ANY of Smooth-ons foams for dreads... the V is a bit to stiff and the Flex III is too soft... Plus, their foams and their silicones don't get along at all and no one at Smooth-on has any idea why. A better option would be Silpaks SP-200-4 Aside from being a more stable foam, it's a 4 lb. foam, so it's perfectly in between the 3 and 5 lb. versions from Smooth-on and has the right bounce for dreads.

This is a good topic! I have a Raw mask I aquired with my pred suit, and I want to build it up. neither of my masks have foam and i dont have a mold. so Im a try cutting up some sheet foam into little pieces, glueing them in, and see if that works out for me.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back