Head Foaming

TuaCathach

Ok I am fully aware fof the several differnt options out there at the moment for foaming the head... personally i like the idea of using uphoalstry foam.. it can be easily replaced as it starts to smell etc...

however i was sitting at home last night and had a bit of a brain fart... i have an old motorbike helmet sitting at home. its been around thr block a few times.. the padding is fully detachable and i know its a good fit....

just curios has anyone tried this method yet..

i'm going to have a go this evening... i'll stick an update in my hippie build thread

Colm

i didn't want to use my bike helm,et as i still ride my bike but i have used the foam as templates for upholstery foam, it seems to be working well

cool.. yea its and old lid.. i have a good one still for the bike.. just thought it may work well... i'll have to wait till i et home from work i suppose

what i found was i had to effectively buit up the foam inside the mask, mainly at the back and top to shape it to the inside of a lid, trial and error, it's a long process

a long process you say.... all good. i'm in no realy hurry. taking my time.. want to make sure its all done right..... seen to many rush jobs not turn out as good as they should....

ok so i had a go of this last night. and its more trouble than its worth... the padding seemed to pull the mask outta shape... so thats out the window,, onto uphoalstrey foam this weekend.. safe bet....

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back