He-man: Motu custom build & design

Thorlief Golmen

Hey guys,

Starting a new project. Music festival I am attending this year has a theme for the letter 'H' so decided to go as He-Man!!!

Now I already have a lot of neat stuff from my Thor costumes so I dont actually need to make that much...but gonna be fun anyway...

I have a Flex-Muscles Muscle suit, bracers, boots, blonde wig, lion cloth and black faux leather sleeveless shirt...

I'll be making the harness, belt, greaves, sword sheath and a pauldron for my right shoulder....

Below is a picture I found on Deviant-Art which is pretty close to the idea I have in my head...also I have purchased this remarkable Power Sword replica from eBay which I am ecstatic about and cannot wait to receive:

by_the_power_of_grayskull_and_snake_mountain_by_nebezial-d568iqb.2.jpg He-Man-and-the-Masters-of-the-Universe-He-man-MOTU-Power-Sword-Replica-Escale-1-1-Limited-Editio.jpg

Last edited:
Updates - started working on this now. Started making the emblem for the chest - also added are pics of the items that will make up the costume:

Still got some work to do on the emblem, but shouldn't take long...

IMG_1119.JPG

These are the bracers I will be using:

larp-platemail-balthasar-bracers-[2]-2909-p.jpg

These are the boots:

gothamboots_zps701cfd3c.jpg

And this is the muscle suit I have:

d1363upperbodysuit.png

I've already started making the straps but I'll post pics of those when Ive done abit more of them as at this time they are just cut out material ready to sew...

Updates:

Got the Emblem made - just requires a coat of plasti-dip and paint...

IMG_1158.JPG

Straps are done - needs layer of glue, plasti-dip and paint...

IMG_1157.JPG

So got to make the belt, greaves & sheath (which I can't make till the sword arrives)

All in all coming along nicely I think...

I just hope I do it justice...

Anyway glues dried on the straps so managed to put the harness together now...doesn't look bad...bit loose on me but gotta go round the muscle suit so its ok for now...

IMG_1164.JPG

Impressive.. Keep it going ! I put my suit on a mannequin and built around it. Worked perfect for me . .. Looking great !!

Nebezial's re-design of He-Man is one of my favorite pieces of art, and it looks like you are on your way to making a great adaptation of it.

I can't wait to see it finished!

Impressive.. Keep it going ! I put my suit on a mannequin and built around it. Worked perfect for me . .. Looking great !!

Yeah I was thinking the same thing...(actually i thought of this after seeing your Skeletor lol sorry robbing the idea...) gonna stuff my muscle stuff and work around that now I think...

Thanks for the ace replies guys!! Gonna be doing some more work soon I hope got belt, greaves and pauldron to make...got a heat gun now so I can more easily prep the foam...also can heat it up to mold it....gonna make everything first,,, then add multiple layers of glue then plastidip...got a great chrome paint for the armor...

Sword should be arriving in next few weeks as well which I am really looking forward too as looks awesome...when that arrives just gotta make a sheath then done...

So expect updates over the next few weeks ;)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back