"He Doesn't like you..." EVAZAN+ WALRUSMAN busts

LOL

"the Wampa" :lol

So I guess PHarchivist answered the "why a cantina head" question, but as to why this guy in particular, I guess the face just grabbed me as something interesting to sculpt. Plus, he's a pretty main character in there and I've never seen anyone do one before.

Actually, that's not true, I did see one other that was pretty good years ago, but that was more of a costume mask than a bust if that makes sense.

I guess the real reason is I thought it'd be fun (and it was... now to finish him.)

Tom

thanks very much for the compliment :)

I've just done a test pull and am very happy with the detail level in the mold. I'm gonna order the eyes tomorrow, and make a few castings and finish one up early next week.

Tom

Painted up that test bust.

Did this one with the spatter/flecking method using alcohol-thinned acrylic inks over a PAX base and followed that up with some sponging and a HINT of airbrush to bring it all together. I'm very happy with the way he's coming along.

The pull's a little rough because of some clay that was left behind in the mold (ears had some spots which I've patched and there's a bit on the brow of his good eye). Luckily the rough spots will be covered by hair/eyebrows, so it should finish up nicely.

The coloring on the bottom two pics is a bit off... I used no flash and a tungston lamp right on top of the thing so it's a little more yellow than he is in person, but it does show the detailing off pretty well.

Eyes are being custom made as we speak and I'll do the hair in the next couple of days. :D :D :D

Tom

ev2.JPG

ev1.JPG

ev3.JPG

thanks very much guys...

clutch, yeah, the beard is just a diluted turquoise blue ink spatter on, followed by layers of skin tones and some spatter of the base color. I used a toothbrush for all the spatters/flecks.

Tom

Thanks Tom. I use a toothbrush as well, but it takes me a lot of patience to use it. I know some people take the cap off their airbrush and crank the pressure down to achieve a stipple effect, but that's too much work for me. :lol He looks ugly as hell which is to say you've done a great job so far.

I'm starting to visualise it better now that you've fleshed it out. The skin complexion looks too healthy imho. Could do with having a more unwell look like some drug addict or alcoholic. Is turquoise the right colour to simulate stuble? I would have thought it was more like a grey/purple colour.

Still, can't wait to see it with hair :thumbsup

Well, in the coloring, I'm trying to stay as true to what refs I've got as I can. He's pretty pale and botchy... and sure, I could make him sickly, but I think sometimes too much creative license can take away from the overall look. Even subconciously, ya know?

I think the hair's what's gonna make this one pop. It's tough, cus we're so used to seeing just little bits of him in the shadows, making a clear shot of him look odd.

Oh and yeah, blue/green under layers of browns and flesh tones (like I did) is correct for the beard area. It's not really supposed to be stubble, as he had a pretty clean shave, just a shadow. There's a decipher card that has been photoshopped to look like he's stubbly, that may be what you're thinkin, but that's not what I was goin for.

Tom

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back