HCG disc from P2

hez1

Here it is:
I'm really hoping that they do what they did with the P1 bio, and produce the original that they're claiming to have cast this from, because frankly it looks nothing like every picture of a P2 disc I've ever seen. I love the fact that it opens, it has lights and sounds, but...it just doesn't look right.

Also...the stand. You can't tell me it was a lot cheaper to paint a realistic looking bare predator arm, than it would have been to put part of the gauntlet on there and make it look more real. The arm itself isn't what bothers me, it's actually kind of a cool idea for a stand, but why go to all that trouble, and not make it look like it does in the movie when the disc is being used? :( I don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I can stand to be corrected...it's close, but differs in a few ways. :(

I'm not keen on the changes they've made to it, I have to be honest, especially on the top of the disc where they seem to have flattened and squared all of the little details there. On the back, with the more rounded edges...eh, I can live with it. I'm definitely on the fence when it comes to idealising a prop. On the one hand, I don't want to buy something that looks like a piece of crap, which some original props definitely do. On the other, if you're going to make any changes besides upping the quality to how something would look if it was 'real', I need them to be justified.

Rounding off the edges on the back can be justified, because the preds are all about aesthetics, and sharp, blocky edges are not in line with the rest of their kit. It also somehow makes it look a little more 'weapon-like'. Flattening and squaring the top details...well, they don't look good, and they don't seem to have any sort of function anymore. Why are they there? On the original they looked like wires or something, and they at least looked like they were doing something, although I couldn't tell you what!

As far as sounds go, I don't remember where I heard that. I could be completely wrong in fact, but it might be worth an email to HCG to ask.

The missing gauntlet...I would have liked to have seen something, even 1/3 of a gauntlet. I appreciate then that they would have heard bitching from all corners like they did about providing 3/4s of a cannon with the P1 bust, but I really feel it would just finish the whole thing off. This might well be their way of saying "This is the alternative betches! Suck it up!"

For the price, it's on my want list, but it's nowhere near the top.

After the BS HCG pulled with the P1 helmet, I think everyone should have full reasons to question anything they claim is "made from the original".

As for this piece, the disc is nice but I can;'t stand the hand... they should have sculpted the top part of the gaunt as well.

I agree with Faken, the disk is wicked, but the hand looks completely and utterly cheeeeeezy! It reminds of a zombie hand or the movie cover from a C level horror film. The gauntlet is a must. Using body parts as stands just reminds me of the woman's leg lamp from "A Christmas Story"

Hi MothMoty,

your words are sooo true! :lol:
I like the Disc and the idea with the bodypart is nice, but uncomlete.

Hello from Germany and good night! :(

I don't think it's as bad as all that, Brian. My disc is almost the same size as the HCG one, although I'll readily admit, not quite as flashy (pun intended). A lot of them are hopeless though, you're right.

The P2 is definitely my favourite pred as far as toys go. Net gun, darts, spear, disc...the guy was tooled up.

The hand I will definitely be storing carefully, but at some point...I'll probably be trying to pick one of these up.

Say Brian, did you see that HCG are doing a P2 bio?

Hey Guys ;I've just received an email stating my disc should be shipping at the end of august! I can't wait to have it in my hand! ;)
Now does any one here knows who sells P2 armor(resin) I'm looking for the right gauntlet made of resin not latex.
I think casey makes latex but I'll ask him if he does resin.

There are production pics on another erm... freakish forum, looks just as good as the proto which is a good thing, i may have to give in and pick this one up.

Looking forward to seeing these as they ship out to people...I'd like one, but can't really justify it at the mo.

The disc seems good. I especially like the final weathered finish on the paint job. The arm is a turn off for me. I like the concept but the final product looks somehow uninteresting, though I can't explain the reason. Maybe it is too skinny. Anyway, that's not important for me as I wanted a disk to hung on my Predator wall. So I am considering buying one.

Gotta say I love P2 and anything to do with him. I've got the spear so at some stage I will get this too. Agree that the arm should a bit og the gauntlet as it's too bare. They should also go with a more copper paint job

Hey Guys ;I've just received an email stating my disc should be shipping at the end of august! I can't wait to have it in my hand! :lol:
Now does any one here knows who sells P2 armor(resin) I'm looking for the right gauntlet made of resin not latex.
I think casey makes latex but I'll ask him if he does resin.

If your asking about the blade gaunt then yes he offers it in resin...I have one from him.

Thanks Scott :lol: Casey contacted me as soon as I made the post and I willbe getting one from him.Casey's is like some one said before : the one stop pred store :lol:

Got mine and It looks freaking awesome!! ;) paintjob it's just as good as the production pics with a lil bit less green weathering though.Over all I'm greatly satisfied with it.I will post pics when I comback from out of town(leaving today)
pics coming soon guys

great prop,.. crappy stand..

kinda reminds me of "thing" from the addams family...

did anyone get one of these??? reviews/comments????
No, but I plan on getting a raw P2 Disc and making it up as a little project now maybe I will not be able to put on any LED lights , but still the same I will like to have one of my own. When I get it I wil be posting a thread on the painting of it.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back