HBO's The Pacific: Prinicpal Costumes and Props

BAlinger15

Community Founder
Hi all,

The first episode of HBO's The Pacific, Hanks' and Spielberg's follow up to the critically acclaimed Band of Brothers series, premieres tonight (in the US) on HBO.

Prop Store is offering an exclusive collection of principal character costumes and props. We launched approximately 80 items on Friday, and will continue to list a number of items daily throughout the run of the 10-episode show.

The listings can be viewed here:

http://www.propstore.com/products.h...dForm=0&productsSortType=0&recordsPerPage=100

If anyone has questions about the material from The Pacific, we'll be happy to answer them here or via e-mail.

Best,
Brandon Alinger
The Prop Store of London

Hi all,

As fellow collectors we can understand the difficulties of trying to make decisions with limited information. With that in mind, here is some additional information on our Pacific offering.

For this week and the following, the US office is listing 6 Pacific items per day. For the two weeks after that, we will list 4 Pacific items per day. These go live at 10:00AM PST.

The UK office is listing 4 Pacific items per day for the remainder of this week, and 3 items a day for the next 2 weeks. These go live at 10:00AM GMT.

After that we will continue to list Pacific items throughout the run of the show, at a slower rate.

In general, we have 1 to 2 complete costumes per character that contain all true accessories - the character's proper helmet, boots, and webbing.

We then generally have an additional 1 to 2 costumes per character that are complete but with generic accessories - helmet, webbing, and sometimes boots. Generic meaning the items were used on the show, but not by that particular character. (*note that many of these do have the proper helmet cover - which is what you see of the helmet.)

Beyond this we have additional outfits with no accessories, as well as spare components, and alternate costumes such as dress uniforms.

The reason for the breakdown is that the accessories were used throughout multiple episodes, while the fatigues were generally episode or even scene specific, with different distressing for different scenes.

Many of the garments are marked on the tag or interior seam with hand written labels, including episode or scene number. Many also still have their original costume tags attached with episode or scene information. All of these will be included with the costumes.

If anyone has specific requests feel free to contact us.

Best,
Brandon

I think everything is very reasonably priced and there are some good deals to be had. I love seeing this stuff get to market.

Alec

Thanks for the additional details, Brandon. I placed Sgt Stone's camo utility uniform/dog tags on layaway last week and really look forward to adding them to the collection soon. :thumbsup

Hey All,

I picked up a few of these rubber rifles from the Pacific. M1 Carbine, Jap. Arisaka, Reising and M1 Garand.
I was surprised how heavy the Garand is. It must have a steel instead of aluminum under framework.
Who manufactured these for the production?
Overall pretty cool.

they came in a tall box marked FRAG-I-LE...I was disappointed when I opened it as I thought it was going to be a major award! :lol
Thanks Brandon at Prop Store.

Steven

Hey All,

I picked up a few of these rubber rifles from the Pacific. M1 Carbine, Jap. Arisaka, Reising and M1 Garand.
I was surprised how heavy the Garand is. It must have a steel instead of aluminum under framework.
Who manufactured these for the production?
Overall pretty cool.

they came in a tall box marked FRAG-I-LE...I was disappointed when I opened it as I thought it was going to be a major award! :lol
Thanks Brandon at Prop Store.

Steven

Lol, must be Italian made rifles, eh?

Nice collection of rubber you have there! They look great!

Picked up Bud “Runner” Conley's USMC ring the other day. It was shown pretty clearly on last night's episode.

Runner.jpg

Can't wait to get it.

I have an original 'meatball' flag - but yeah, does anyone know where to get USMC dog tags? also any close-ups?

I had a set from propstore 'Eugene Sledge' but they've been stolen (And i've been in hospital for two weeks) lol i'd like to find out the serial numbers etc to make a new pair, still. my gf got them for me but if I ever find the thief i'll steal his legs. lol

btw I just saw a good 'Making of The Pacific' which showed the vet's talking about their experiences. very moving.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back