Hawkeye - My current build :) Big update now :)

Hermes

Sr Member
After an afternoon and a half of work.... a teaser of what´s to come -

:)

IMG_20120320_203411.jpg

IMG_20120321_024532.jpg

Last edited:
Re: My current build :) More pictures soon, sure enough :)

Hawkeye :) Tomorrow I will post more pictures of this build. It´s now almost 3:30 AM and I ´m going to call it a day, but yes, it is Hawkeye indeed.

You have a good eye yourself, I might add :)

Re: Hawkeye - My current build :) More pictures soon, sure enough :)

I will be following this with great interest. This looks fantastic. Can't wait to see more

Re: Hawkeye - My current build :) More pictures soon, sure enough :)

Well, so I won´t disappoint :)

Check this out -

2012-03-22%252020.27.40.jpg

2012-03-22%252020.26.12.jpg

Here´s what I THINK the back looks like.... (guestimation at its best... don´t mind the hanging strips, I am quite sure they are for the quiver.)

2012-03-22%252020.26.22.jpg

I would like to direct you to the hanging black parts - If you check the actual Hawkeye suit, you will notice that it has NO seams until the pants, therefore I made those parts hanging down, and they´ll be sown to finish a set of pants. (seriously, check it out)

2012-03-22%252020.25.52.jpg

Again, more to come really soon..... :)

That's looking really good so far. I can't wait to see it with the quiver attached. How flexible is the vest? Are you able to arch your back or slouch your shoulders?

That looks great! Did you cut the pattern from scratch or is it built from something else? I've been trying to get a friend to build a hawkeye costume.

Guys, hi! Replying to all of you here, then... :)

Wanted - I am not going to make a custom bow, it ´s far too expensive and time-consuming for me as it is, considering I am making all of the Avengers suits, so you can imagine it´s a daunting task, which, incidentally, I wouldn´t ever flinch from, but work that most people wouldn´t notice, such as the bow itself will have to be held to a second stage - After the Avant-Premiere, which will be in April, 24th. here in Brasil.

(as a side note, I am not in the picture, I was taking the picture and making the suit. I am far less fit than my friend. :) )

Anakinos, I would welcome your and anyone else´s commission on this or any other suit, just e-mail me at hermesiii@gmail.com and we´ll work from there :)

Punisher, thanks a lot :) I am very glad when people recognize the amount of effort that goes into one of those :)

Samohtep, same thing - if your friend doesn´t feel up to it, by all means, holler and I will definitely step up to the plate. As for the pattern, there was none. I will explain. There are times when I do what I use to call desperate measures. My friend who´s in the suit came over and I made a temporary vest out of a purple synthetic leather. Almost same purple, but far less good-looking. On top of it I drew on only one side the pattern of where the various parts stayed, and cut the other fabrics accordingly, applying them to the original vest with either glue or sewing them, whichever worked better :) So the total time to make that suit as it is now is 7 hours, no more. I work fast, and I am quite proud of that, too :) As it stands I have about 23 years of experience in costume-making, and therefore I picked up a trick or two that speed up the process, and still yield the finest results :)

And Judge Spartan, again, thank you very much :) The vest is quite flexible, my buddy tried it on and could bend, arch the back, sit, and ironically enough, the only thing he felt wasn´t A-OK was his bow posture, but then again he does not know how to shoot with one, so I think that it could be that too, for since it is very much like the Hawkeye original suit, it shouldn´t be too bothersome. Then again, he´s far more muscly than poor old Jeremy Renner, and that may also pose as a problem to him in that area.

If you have more questions, keep them coming. If it is about orders and stuff, e-mail me :) I can see it a lot faster this way :)

And just to reiterate, I´m serious about the orders, I would welcome making these suits for anyone. My e-mail is, again - hermesiii@gmail.com, and if anyone would like to see my album, this might prove handy - https://picasaweb.google.com/hermesiii/UmPoucoDoQueJaFiz :)

Last edited:
And so, as I said in the Captain America thread, this is the update for tonight - I´ve made his pants, which are part of the suit, as if it was a Jumpsuit, as you will notice here. I did not add any detailing yet, but this is soon to come. As you will also be able to see, the pants are made of three different fabrics. One for the front (where the kneepads are), other for the sides (which extends from the sides of the vest, really, you can see it clearly in any image of the original suit) and other that´s the main material for the pants.

I leave you with the pictures tonight. I´ve got to sleep soon, tomorrow I´ve got an early morning. :)

2012-03-28%252000.01.23.jpg

2012-03-28%252000.01.02.jpg

2012-03-28%252000.01.43.jpg

More detailed pictures in my Album - https://picasaweb.google.com/104388...hkey=Gv1sRgCMCKxvG94932Tw#5724790476853616226 (direct link to the first picture, where you can zoom in, and then the next ones :))

:)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back