Having a blast!!

FZ1

Thanks to this awesome board, the wealth of information and the killer huntorials, I have started my P1 mask! Bought my bio and half-mask from members here (thanks chocoboy83 & silverado). Went the cheap route with the dreads. Having a blast!!!!

Stuff to make dreads.
DSC02105__Small_.JPG

Cut into 24" strips.
DSC02113__Small_.JPG

Painted black with the Plasti-Dip.
DSC02107__Small_.JPG

Painted pieces of 3/4" pvc pipe.
DSC02124__Small_.JPG

I like them so far!
DSC02108__Small_.JPG

First dread in place. I feel like a new father! lol!
DSC02135__Small_.JPG

A few more...
DSC02139__Small_.JPG

View from the front. But ran out of dreads and glue!!! (damn)
DSC02143__Small_.JPG

Just had to see it with the Bio!!! I'm in love!!!! Need to make some more dreads.
DSC02144__Small_.JPG

Yeah...I'm a geek....but I'm having a blast!!!!
DSC02147__Small_.JPG

DSC02107__Small_.JPG

DSC02124__Small_.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
What the hell!? Someone who accually used the search function....read some threads....did the footwork....and went to work!!! Can this be true.

Nice work man! Welcome to the Lair. Its like crack...I warn you now.

First and foremost...this forum and it's contributing members is amazing! I don't post a lot...but I check in every day. I have read hours and hours of the most useful information and tip and tricks to construct the coolest costume dedicated to our hero....Ol' Ugly MF'er....The Pred!

Here's an update on what I've done since August of 09. Huge kudos to this forum for all the great information that's helping me put "my boy" together. Thank you!

Some Suede leather lace...
DSC02788__Small_.JPG

Add some gold rings...
DSC02789__Small_.JPG

Makes a cool tribal look for the dreads...
DSC02793__Small_.JPG

DSC02793__Small_.JPG

Some Monster Room gauntlets...
DSC02803__Small_.JPG

P2 hand I got from a board member...
DSC02803__Small_.JPG

Hands and gauntlets together...
DSC02803__Small_.JPG

DSC02803__Small_.JPG

Time to work on the loincloth...Leather "girly" belt I paid $1.50 for at a Goodwill store.
View attachment 15747
Scrape piece of cloth from fabric store... $3.00
View attachment 15749

Flipped the "girly" belt over and added Monsterroom buckle...
View attachment 15750

With scrape cloth...still need to cut it to size and maybe add some decoration...
DSC02792__Small_.JPG

Shins and feet I purchased from a board member...
DSC02804__Small_.JPG

Replaced bio mask eye mesh...first pic is how I bought it from a board member. I just could not see out of the damn thing...2nd pic is of screendoor mesh...3rd pic is the end result...I plan on adding some chrome window tint behind the mesh.

DSC02804__Small_.JPG

DSC02808__Small_.JPG

I've ordered some P1 arms and torso from Nucking Futs. He's going to paint them as well. Will post pics when they come in! Thanks again everyone!

Scott

DSC02811__Small_.JPG

DSC03042__Small_.JPG

DSC03043__Small_.JPG

DSC03043__Small_.JPG

DSC03046__Small_.JPG

DSC03049__Small_.JPG

pred_shin_armor_2__Small_.JPG

DSC03064__Small_.JPG

DSC03065__Small_.JPG

DSC03068__Small_.JPG

Oopps...sorry for the extra pics. Don't know how that happened? Mods...feel free to delete them.

Holy Crap! I'm doing the same thing AS WE SPEAK! LOL Question... How did you get your dread ends to go into a point? I was unable to find the large size Backer Rods at my local Rona / Home Depot / Canadian Tire stores so I am using 1 1/2" foam copper pipping insulation rods and trimed them down to size... I am also using fishing weights inside the ends to help the dreads have that hanging look

I will be taking pics soon of my propress and hopping to have mine ready for the PREDATORS premiere

Good job btw... Keep them pics coming!

Holy Crap! I'm doing the same thing AS WE SPEAK! LOL Question... How did you get your dread ends to go into a point? I was unable to find the large size Backer Rods at my local Rona / Home Depot / Canadian Tire stores so I am using 1 1/2" foam copper pipping insulation rods and trimed them down to size... I am also using fishing weights inside the ends to help the dreads have that hanging look

I will be taking pics soon of my propress and hopping to have mine ready for the PREDATORS premiere

Good job btw... Keep them pics coming!

To taper the dreads to a point, I heated up a big frying pan, flipped it over and rolled the end of the dread on the bottom of the pan (wear some leather work gloves by the way). The heat melted the dread and by rolling it back and fourth under my fingers I was able to taper the end. I got this idea by just searching the forum. It's amazing all the tricks and work arounds some of the members have come up with. Hope this helps. Best of luck with your project.

Scott

Im interested to what foam you used to fill up your mask. Was it a spray and expand? Or did you fit bits and pieces in?

The mask came pre-foam filled... I got it off of one of the guys her on the LAIR... It's a Monsterroom Half-mask and it was already pre-painted in a P1 pattern style... The only thing I did to it when it arrived is add a gloss clear coat to give it a "wet look"... I am using a GORT Bio that fits GREAT and will be getting some self-adhisive velcro to secure it on... I am trying new ideas as far as how to tapper the dread ends but I am not taking the "Hot frying pan" approach lol... More pics to come in the near future... Just waiting for my "Celtic" style dread beads to arrive in the mail and finish the painting of the dreads using Plasti Dip (HOME HARDWARE is where I FINALY found some for anyone living in Ottawa,ON, Canada :( )

Time to work on my Pred necklace...

Some chicken bones...
DSC03105__Medium_.JPG

I'm sure this was some cute, fuzzy critter at one time...found it in the backyard!

DSC03107__Medium_.JPG

Add some suede lace and beads...

DSC03111__Medium_.JPG

End result....

DSC03112__Medium_.JPG

Works for me! I did boil the bones for about 30 minutes to get the "gunk" off them.

Got started on my cannon today.

Lids from 2 Kool-Aid containers.

DSC03128__Medium_.JPG

Piece of plumbing pipe.

DSC03131__Medium_.JPG

The two together.
DSC03132__Medium_.JPG

Piece of pipe insulation.
DSC03136__Medium_.JPG

Insulation in place.
DSC03137__Medium_.JPG

Cut to shape (will trim better later).
DSC03138__Medium_.JPG

DSC03146__Medium_.JPG

Our foamie friends..
DSC03149__Medium_.JPG

So far so good...
DSC03150__Medium_.JPG

This must be cannon building month! There's been at least three excelent builds recently. :p

I'm not going to look at plastic bottles the same. :D

Here's a little update. P1 arms and P1 torso I ordered. See this informative [topic="0"]link[/topic]

Needs a lot of tweaking here and there to fit just right...but that's the fun part right? :eek:
DSC03347__Medium_.JPG

DSC03343__Medium_.JPG

DSC03348__Medium_.JPG

My daughter wanted in on the action. ;)

DSC03347__Medium_.JPG

DSC03349__Medium_.JPG

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back