Haunted House Predator

KusToMz

Hey guys, new hunter here and I have a few questions that I really haven't seen anywhere on the forums. So to delve right in; every year my family along with a few other families do a haunted house in an old tobacco barn in our neighborhood. Recently we were ranked 2nd on the East Coast. This year, along with the past few years, I have wanted to incorporate the Predator theme into it because let's face it, the Pred face with the jaws and dreads would look insanely frightening in the dark with a strobe light on it. There was a full suit for sale at a local shopping mall quite a few years back and if we had known we were going to be doing this haunted barn, we would have bought it in an instant. However, it was sold and now I'm left with the task of either building one or just buying one. I would like to try to build one because it sounds like it is a lot of fun to do. I have a few worries about this though.

The main thing that I'm worried about is the strength and rigidity of both the bio mask and the face mask. It just so happens that there are a few people that, when scared, have the immediate reaction to punch whatever or whoever in the face. I know because it has happened to me quite a few times and it's not like the people who are doing it are little kids. The people who do it are around the age of 15-30 and some of them have quite a hard punch. I'm seeing that the bio masks can be reinforced with various products to make them survive such things as being dropped. Is there anyway that it can be strong enough to withstand a punch? I'm having trouble figuring out what, if anything, can be used to fortify it enough to deal with the idiots who think punching someone because they got scared is ok. Any help would be appreciated on this.

if you were to buy a bio from here, you could always reinforce it with fiberglass matting and more resin. it would be a lot heavier, but would def be strong.

Ok. That's pretty much what I thought I would need to do. Hopefully no one is a proffesional boxer that comes through. Thanks for the advice.

I think you're better off with a cheapo Rubys foamed inside the head than ruin a nice realistic Predator costume. Its for museums and cons not dark haunted houses with people's 1-2 second attention span combined with fight or flight responses.

Thanks for your reply. That's a very good idea. I definitely don't want to spend a good bit of money on something really nice to get it broken in a day or two. I think that's what I'm going to do then. I've been looking around the forums and I have decided that I do in fact want to build myself a legit Predator costume. So a Ruby's mask for the haunted house and a real mask for my own collection. Thanks for all the help guys.

here's an idea, in walmart they sell an under amour ( used in gotcha/ paint gun wars)  the armor has muscles so it looks predatory but  protect you from gut punch.

the bio: get a normal bio and add layers upon layers of RESIN with with foamies like this:

Bio---> foamies----> mixture of white school glue with water ( brushed )----> Resin

the idea with the water/glue. mix is that when it dries il create a fragile Shield that will prevent the resin from eating the foamies and the foamies to add as an impact softener. 

( this is Theoretical, of course but it was advice given to me by an art craft friend )

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back