Hasbro X Wing Upgrade Set

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Neo-uk

Seeing all the posts on forums regarding the Hasbro Falcon I thought I'd do one for the big X Wing they do.
I'm going to make a upgrade set for it to replace the wings, air intakes, engines and laser cannons.
Here is the work so far.

Finished another part for the X wing.
These go on the outside of the laser cannons. The actual kit part is on the left (from a Salzo x wing). I know its not 100% but it's close enough I think. It's made up of 13 individual parts.

Here it is with a bit of primer on

and a picture for size reference.

Just completed the laser canon for the Hasbro X Wing upgrade set.
Complete with 3d printed replica of the heatsink used on the real ones

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Junk Pilot

Sr Member
That's looking great. The cannons really are one of the weakest parts of this toy (among other things) and scream fix me. Even if the wings stay closed these cannons will make this ship shine.

Neo-uk

I found this heatsink on ebay (before I went the 3D printing route) and they turned up today so I had a bit of a fiddle with it just to see if my plan would've worked.

So after a bit of this

I ended up with this

It works as an alternative but now I dont know which I prefer

I know it's not screen accurate but it's my version. I might include both in the set.
Thoughts anyone ?