Hasbro X-Wing Conversion Photos (looking for)

Junk Pilot

Sr Member
If anyone has any images of the conversion of Hasbro's FX X-wing by Pharchivist can you please let me know as I have just acquired a Dagobah X-wing and would love to see how he did it.

I've searched here and only found one photo so far so any help would be appreciated.

Here you go...

Attachments

• R2 002.jpg
    R2 002.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 424
I didn't ever think about doing some custom conversion work on my X-wing and Falcon that I used to have, I have since sold them unfortunately. After seeing all the awesome work on here from different users it makes me want to get another x-wing and work on it

I might have missed it but, do you have a blog or something that I could see how you did it?

I have taken apart an electronic one from the late 1990's and currently trying to put all of the electronics in my saga or OTC (the degobah landing one) x-wing. I am taking pics just about every step of the way. Any advice, from anyone, on how to remove the wings from the body? I took out a metal rod but still having a little trouble with removal.

Thanks

I've tried to take apart the "Dagobah" X-Wing but I think they glued the nose together as it wasn't gonna come off easily. I thought if I tried harder I might have done irreparable damage to it so haven't done anything to mine yet.

I did get some aluminium tube for the laser cannons and a 1/24 R2 but nothing more.

I had a hard time but, it come off. I just sort-of slowly got a flat head around the sides after removing the screws from the rest of underside. When I did that, I tried to stretch it SLIGHTLY, like opening a book, then used flat head again to separate the glue further in. Eventually it came off.
** it is sort of rubbery and if it stretches a little, it comes back to original shape. Of course do it carefully.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back