Hasbro Selfie Series

Collectorchris

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Wondering of anyone else has had the opportunity or plans to use the Hasbro Selfie Series to create your own figure? I saw this on the day it went live this past weekend and went ahead and jumped on the opportunity. I went with the SW series X-Wing pilot body, but the ST, and Mando body options are also interesting. The price is steep for this, it was around $80 after tax and shipping, and should be delivered in mid-November. I probably should have waited to see how the face mapping and a few opinions are in on these, but it is a unique opportunity to create a figure for yourself.

Now I just need to find someone who can make me a SW 6" Black Series 40th anniversary card and bubble for it!

Wondering of anyone else has had the opportunity or plans to use the Hasbro Selfie Series to create your own figure? I saw this on the day it went live this past weekend and went ahead and jumped on the opportunity. I went with the SW series X-Wing pilot body, but the ST, and Mando body options are also interesting. The price is steep for this, it was around $80 after tax and shipping, and should be delivered in mid-November. I probably should have waited to see how the face mapping and a few opinions are in on these, but it is a unique opportunity to create a figure for yourself.

Now I just need to find someone who can make me a SW 6" Black Series 40th anniversary card and bubble for it!

Back in the 1980's an officially licensed custom G.I.Joe meant being able to write up a custom File Card and paying 3-4 times the price for the experience. That or unscrewing the back of the figures and Frankensteining a custom figure from different limbs and heads, etc.

We got robbed as kids!!! :lol:

I remember a friend getting a used USS Flagg and we figured out we could Frankenstein two figures into passable deck crew. I forgot which figures though!

I feel more robbed because there are figures/vehicles in different lines that I never knew about! I told my nephew, now 19, when he was little that we would only know about toys back in the 80s if you saw it at the store, on a commercial, in the pack in catalogue with another toy, or if a friend had it. He could pretty much follow SW figures from prototype to the exact release day on Hasbro's website!

I hadn't considered that factor too. There was a sense of discovery back then that simply doesn't exist now. I didn't realize until adulthood that they stopped making certain figures after the narrow window was over. I spent my childhood scouring stores for V2 Snake Eyes, V1 and V2 Stormshadow. And lots of vintage Joe's I had no idea were discontinued by the time I was old enough to get pocket money for them.

So many toy lines I also learned about from friends who had a figure or two, or classmates who had them. Now everything is an exclusive and insanely overpriced.

I do remember spending many hours browsing through the Sears catalog seeing what was new and dropping hints for my Christmas wish list, LOL.

I do remember when we first got a Toys' R US, probably around 1986. The first time I went in there I did find Snake Eyes and Stormshadow at the same time and was so excited. I do think that a few years later many of my Joes and model kits met their demise when I discovered firecrackers and M-80 made for a more realistic battle play, LOL

I can't relate to the firecrackers but I too poured over those Christmas catalogs and finding a beloved figure in store was always like finding gold in your backyard! I had to trade to get some of my favorite characters.

I hadn't considered that factor too. There was a sense of discovery back then that simply doesn't exist now. I didn't realize until adulthood that they stopped making certain figures after the narrow window was over. I spent my childhood scouring stores for V2 Snake Eyes, V1 and V2 Stormshadow. And lots of vintage Joe's I had no idea were discontinued by the time I was old enough to get pocket money for them.

So many toy lines I also learned about from friends who had a figure or two, or classmates who had them. Now everything is an exclusive and insanely overpriced.

I remember so clearly sitting with my brother and turning on the TV to see the last 4 minutes of GI JOE: THE MOVIE (had no idea it even existed)

And everyone is in a big group shot ("Good news everybody! Duke is gonna survive a spear to the heart!") and our
jaws just dropped!

WOAH THAT WAS LAW AND ORDER! I SAW TUNNEL RAT! WHO WAS THAT?! IS THAT JINX!?!?!

Then scanning every TV Guide for weeks looking for a replay... then seeing characters in it and wondering if there would be toys...

Kids today have no idea.

When the local mall had it's grand opening in the small city 30 minutes from my home town, the very first purchase I made was for Law and Order. That figure and his dog went on a lot of adventures with me as a kid!

I think I had pretty much every figure from the start of the line until around 89/90 that included an animal. I tended to go for that, jetpacks, any cool pack in equipment, or removable masks/helmets. Oh and anything martial arts related (Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, Jinx, Budo).

With the exception of “Sci-Fi” for some reason, I needed a little military with my joes … so one of my faves was “Outback”

So of course HAD to pre order this:

E90CA73B-9E8F-4F0A-B22A-7BCA7A271456.jpg

And yeah, if you had a DOG!?!

So while I loved Law and Order, I need a new Mutt and Junkyard

Have not commented on this in a while, but I did receive my Selfie Series figure a week or so before Thanksgiving. I will say it is pretty cool, details are close, I can tell it is supposed to be me and the wile and kids can as well. I have not taken any snapshots of it, but will soon. Just curious if anyone else has received theirs and how others have turned out. I was a bit disappointed it did not come with the helmet, probably would have fit on mine (X-Wing Pilot). Only other interesting things for this series would be a custom card back. Hopefully they will introduce a few additional body styles, Jedi/Sith/Imperial and Rebel officer, etc.....

Got mine as well, details are close but would really like to see some other hair options and some other body styles as well. Same for the helmet on the Mandalorian figure, really would have liked for it to include one as well. All in all a neat deal.

Received my Selfie Series Stormtrooper figure today.

PXL-20230515-233651236-2.jpg

Overall I'm pretty happy. The likeness is pretty close. The quality of the head is pretty nice. I wish there was a bit more articulation in the legs. I think its going to be a bit difficult to pose. Maybe it needs a custom cardback instead. I'll have to try and find that. I was surprised it got here so fast. Combine that with the discount code I used and this was a good experience! I might do another one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back