HASBRO Millennium Falcon 1/48 Build

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Chopopolis

Hi
This is my first post, and first build of this type and complexity. It has taken a long time to get to this point but finally starting to see it coming together.
I have decided to remove and scratch build and kit bash, all of the maintenance bays,etc.
But i am trying for the Empire version.
Obviously a long way to go but i hope you like the attached

Will continue to post until the build is complete could be while.

Attachments

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Chopopolis

a few more

Attachments

Chopopolis

Some of the 3D printed parts

Attachments

Chopopolis

A few pictures of the engine build so far, as you can see in the last couple of pics i am toying with making all individual moving flaps.

Attachments

Chopopolis

Some more of the maintenance bays and some additional damage parts,in the small damage bay the damaged wire is hollow and has a fibre run through that will light up under the damaged wire mesh.

Attachments

Chopopolis

The upper hull vents has had a lot of work done so far, the entire section removed and raised slightly to match Empire studio scale better. starting to look ok

Attachments

scotthothpatrol

Welcome to the RPF. WOW lots of pictures. I don't know how the size of the Hasbro Falcon compares to the studio one but I see that they made a good attempt at replicating the kitbash detail like the Tiger/panther engine decks on the back. I love the photo-etch work in the cockpit.

Chopopolis

Well have decided to go ahead with all movable thrust vectoring flaps, it is taking a lot of time over 30 pieces per set,they are made in pairs so 6 pairs and a single on top and bottom

Attachments

Chopopolis

Have also made the repairs to the 3d printed cockpit, and starting the lighting,and some painting

Attachments

Analyzer

Sr Member
That is very impressive detailing!

Out of curiosity, what are you using to glue stuff to the hull? I have one of these, but have not started on it yet and heard of people having issues getting paint/glue to stick to the plastic