Hasbro Hero X-Wing Conversion with 3D Printed Parts - Files no longer available!

Greeblies.JPG

Having fun modelling some greeblies.

TazMan2000

These, not accurate to the filming model, will work fine for a Hasbro toy. The top on is on the right and has a cut out for a vertical 'bar'. I say "top" referring to the top engines, but of course, the bottom engines are similar, just the details are flipped.

Intake details.JPG

TazMan2000

Thanks Lear60man .

Thanks Fett_Ish . I was hesitating for quite some time because of the price. But I with it being under $400 CDN, I couldn't resist. I wouldn't give up my Creality CR-10, because that is great for large items, but for small detailed stuff, the Mars works great. A few start up problems with surface adhesion but for the most part, they are resolved. Every time I make a print I'm amazed at the detail.

TazMan2000

Excellent work, looking great so far....!!

We all approach the conversion different and in hindsight if I'd had a 3D printer I would have gone down that route.

Being computer illiterate ( did some work with CAD 30+ yrs ago on a Mac at uni ) , and all things related to them since, and now with 3D printing being so prolific especially in the modelling world - well, I’m just happy to watch/live ( vicariously ) through those who’ve been successful utilising this medium.
It’s looking great TazMan , and I can’t wait to see how your build turns out.

Excellent work, looking great so far....!!

We all approach the conversion different and in hindsight if I'd had a 3D printer I would have gone down that route.

Thanks.
I started with a FDM printer and was just going to put a few tank greeblies around. Even when I was making the internal engine sections using the Harrier parts I never thought about getting a resin printer. I can make a few if my own greeblies now, and I'm going to leave the Harrier parts in place, because I think they look better.
Hell, it's only a toy conversion.
Eventually, I hope to make my paint job to look as good as yours.

TazMan2000

Being computer illiterate ( did some work with CAD 30+ yrs ago on a Mac at uni ) , and all things related to them since, and now with 3D printing being so prolific especially in the modelling world - well, I’m just happy to watch/live ( vicariously ) through those who’ve been successful utilising this medium.
It’s looking great TazMan , and I can’t wait to see how your build turns out.

I dabbled in 3d about 20 years ago so I know how hard it is to get back into it. The interfaces have changed and every program has a different name for the same function. Most of the 3d modelling I do is simple stuff, which is good, because 3d printing and assembling everything wouldn't be as much fun. Plus you get more self satisfaction with making it yourself. Tedious or repetitive stuff can be handled by the printers.

Thanks,

TazMan2000

I dabbled in 3d about 20 years ago so I know how hard it is to get back into it. The interfaces have changed and every program has a different name for the same function. Most of the 3d modelling I do is simple stuff, which is good, because 3d printing and assembling everything wouldn't be as much fun. Plus you get more self satisfaction with making it yourself. Tedious or repetitive stuff can be handled by the printers.

Thanks,

TazMan2000
I am a 3D artist, and yes it has changed ALOT, in the last 20 years. I do real time stuff, Serious Games we call it, most recently training for submarine. I’ve built entire planes inside and out, and depending on the references, getting things to fit together can be quite challenging. For movies, and video games there is a lot of cheating and glossing over as the end effect is happening quickly or from a specific angle. In what I do, sometimes VR, but almost always total freedom, it has to be as close, if not exactly as its real world counterpart. Without CAD data, it is as challenging as making something from scratch. I often wish I could reach into my screen and manipulate something with my hands! I am looking forward to the challenge of breaking down things like the T-70 into a ‘kit’ I can 3D print. Sorry to hijack, I’m overly sensitive to the 3D is a lesser skill. I also draw and would never say the pencil is doing any work. Not that you were insulting anyone or thing, I’m just a thin skinned artist :lol::lol: Your prints really have me thinking of getting a smaller resin printer than a FormZ.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back